Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any one played Tomb Raider Underworld

Options
  • 09-04-2010 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭

any one played Tomb Raider Underworld just got this game from extra vision wha did you think of it im finding it hard so far took me ages at the start to find that key in the water is the hole game like this full of puzzels and stuff cant stand any more games like this after SAW that was so frustrateing to beat will this game be as annoyingly hard

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,868 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Word, like I don't wanna use my brain and solve **** I just wanna pop a cap in sum arabs dome. Dat modern warfare 2 was righteous bro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭potsy86

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Word, like I don't wanna use my brain and solve **** I just wanna pop a cap in sum arabs dome. Dat modern warfare 2 was righteous bro.

me too this game is a nightmare for solving stuff ony picked it up as it was two for 30 euro and the game i wanted was 20 i think this will be goin back in the box and be used as a trade in too much brain power needed for this haha:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

love the tomb raider games for ps1 , got tr: underworld 2 years ago i liked it though camera is a pain in the hole , should go back to it soon

love the tomb raider games for ps1 , got tr: underworld 2 years ago i liked it though camera is a pain in the hole , should go back to it soon

thats one the things that is doin my head in its all over the place makes it harder and then its sussing out what to do where to go things to find awh the list is endless its for for me i know that much

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Uncharted 2 is what Tomb Raider should have been

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I really enjoyed Underworld, the only real problem I had was that it was too short. If you're not into puzzles, the TR series won't be for you.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

played it and only real problem was the camera, though that goes for most third person games i think. it helped fill in the wait from uncharted to uncharted 2. There was a serious glitch in one of the levels for me which sent me to the end of the level, though it skipped through loads of it that was necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

The camera made me put this game down, one day, and I never bothered picking it up again

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭atat23

scudzilla wrote: »
    Uncharted 2 is what Tomb Raider should have been

The problem with tomb raider is that it's still the same crap that you got since the first one, the series really didn't evolve well enough to be considered relevant anymore. They really need to stop relying on the fact Lara has tits to sell games and make some major changes to the series.

Maybe the new third person game will be interesting, maybe even breathe some life back into the franchise.

@OP: I didn't have any trouble with the puzzles but if you don't like solving puzzles wtf did you buy a Tomb Raider game for?

The camera sucks but I didn't have to wrestle with it as much as I did in other games. I just didn't enjoy it because it's just not a great game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭AttackThePoster

I'm sure David James has it completed by this stage.

• Advertisement

i got rid of it god that game was rubbish camera like other posters said drove me insane played it the once sold it for a 5er lost out on it but it still got me a sausage and chips yum lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Did'nt mind it, altho that bit searching for the keys underwater at the start was a tad bit annoying.

Did'nt mind it, altho that bit searching for the keys underwater at the start was a tad bit annoying.

awh god wasnt it that and then the octopus then that was the end of it for me from there

• Registered Users Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

potsy86 wrote: »
    any one played Tomb Raider Underworld just got this game from extra vision wha did you think of it im finding it hard so far took me ages at the start to find that key in the water is the hole game like this full of puzzels and stuff cant stand any more games like this after SAW that was so frustrateing to beat will this game be as annoyingly hard
    me too this game is a nightmare for solving stuff ony picked it up as it was two for and the game i wanted was 20 i think this will be goin back in the box and be used as a trade in too much brain power needed for this haha:D
    thats one the things that is doin my head in its all over the place makes it harder and then its sussing out what to do where to go things to find awh the list is endless its for for me i know that much
    i got rid of it god that game was rubbish camera like other posters said drove me insane played it the once sold it for a 5er lost out on it but it still got me a sausage and chips yum lol :)
    awh god wasnt it that and then the octopus then that was the end of it for me from there

Please use punctuation :mad: :D

As for Tomb Raider Underworld, I bought it ages ago and it's remained in the press ever since so, I can't really comment!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,969 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Retr0gamer wrote: »

More often than not I tend to disagree with your posts but on this occasion sir, I tip my hat to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭gstar

its a terrible game but i'll play anything that has a sniff of a platinum, i stopped playin halfway thru it cos i got bored of lara having a mind of her own n jumpin around like a kid on skittles and cola! lol, its incredibly difficult to play that game after playin a game like uncharted, the controls (or lack thereof) has ruined what coul have been an ok game. if im really desperate for more trophies i might go back to it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

I loved the TR games on the PS1 but I don't think my tired brain would be able for all that puzzle solving anymore.

The God of War puzzle solving is great. Turn a handle, push a block and beat the lard out of some mythical dude. Not too taxing on the grey matter.

Advertisement