Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many pints a week would an Average pub sell?

Options
  • 09-04-2010 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭

I know it varies from pub to pub. Just need a ballpark figure, for a typical medium sized pub. I'm designing a brewery/pub for a university project, and need to work out roughly what percentage of the beer would be sold in house.

Can't find a figure on google anywhere.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

If you don't get any joy here, try e-mailing the VFI and/or LVA.

• Subscribers Posts: 688 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

Depends on bar type, clientele, location - town/city/country etc..
    and if it's a town or city bar whether it's upmarket or local or whatever.

I work in a pub outside a Dundalk and I would reckon we sell more pints than most pubs in the town. We do a big "local" trade so the pints are always gonna be big sellers; in towns/citys unless the establishment has a strong local following, they wont sell as many pints because it will be known that the tap flow isn't as frequent therefore the pint isn't as good. If you see a good few middle aged/old men at the bar that's a pretty good tell tale sign that the pints are good!

I might not be accurate because I only work part time but I would estimate that in our bar we go through about 7/8 kegs of Guinness a week and probably about 8/9 again of everything else put together, on an average week - thats about 1400 pints. Gets a lot busier in the summer so that could go way up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Blisterman wrote: »
    I know it varies from pub to pub. Just need a ballpark figure, for a typical medium sized pub. I'm designing a brewery/pub for a university project, and need to work out roughly what percentage of the beer would be sold in house.

Can't find a figure on google anywhere.

That's a very tough thing for you to quantify. I work in country pub - relatively busy - and on average, in a normal week we would sell around 20 kegs a week - 20 *88 = 1760. There's 88 pints in a keg, but with wastage etc you may get as little as 80 out of it for various reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Degag wrote: »
    That's a very tough thing for you to quantify. I work in country pub - relatively busy - and on average, in a normal week we would sell around 20 kegs a week - 20 *88 = 1760. There's 88 pints in a keg, but with wastage etc you may get as little as 80 out of it for various reasons.

A big reason being untrustworthy staff. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

pub I used to work in here in waterford would go through 6-8 kegs of heineken a week. 10-12 guinness a week. Bud was roughly 4 a week. A lot of people down here drink large bottles of guinness which would easily sell 20-25 crates of them a week. I know up the country, large bottles dont sell that much. carlsberg kegs where about 5-7 a week. fosters was about 2 a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

m@cc@ wrote: »
    A big reason being untrustworthy staff. :p

LOL, No if that was factored in it could be less than 80 pints!

Advertisement