Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free mobile internet and free Meteor texts with €20 top up.

Options
  • 09-04-2010 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭

Meteor have introduced a new Pay As You Go offer. You can now get free internet and free Meteor to Meteor texts with a €20 top up. This offer is an alternative to the free Meteor talk and text, and free any network texts offer. Data cap is 250mb over 30 days. To avail of the offer, free text the words browse and text to 50104, and top-up by €20. Only available on the Anytime Choice plan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

interesting, 250mb though, laughable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Noticed that myself this morning. Switched over but only topped up yesterday so have to wait til next top up to use it. Good offer, 250mb is loads for normal web browsing for a month! A lot of websites detect mobile access and push out very little data

• Registered Users Posts: 45,374 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

oooooohhhhhhhhh interesting. Free calls and texts, or free internet and texts.... dilemma!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Meh. None of this stuff will ever catch on, I tells ya...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

GStormcrow wrote: »
    Noticed that myself this morning. Switched over but only topped up yesterday so have to wait til next top up to use it. Good offer, 250mb is loads for normal web browsing for a month! A lot of websites detect mobile access and push out very little data

Give em a ring on 1905 and see will they activate it for you, because now that you've changed over, you have lost your old promotion and are getting charged for ALL calls and sms (used to be like this anyway).

Its seems a good offer, as their average customer is younger than the other networks, so sms and internet would suit them. 250mb is grand for most browsing, but i can see alot of complaints as when the 250mb run out, its incrediable expensive after that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

250MB.....=JOKE

Bad deal

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭duffmagic

Osu wrote: »
    250MB.....=JOKE

Bad deal

I don't stream music or video (mostly due to Dublin's patchy 3G coverage) but I browse a lot and 250Mb is nearly unreachable in this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭positron

On Vodafone Prepay, if you top up by €20, you will get a month's free calls and free texts to other vodafone phones - and you can access internet for 99c a day, which comes out of the same €20 top up. This is a better deal IF you don't want to be online every day of the week, isn't it?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

positron wrote: »
    On Vodafone Prepay, if you top up by €20, you will get a month's free calls and free texts to other vodafone phones - and you can access internet for 99c a day, which comes out of the same €20 top up. This is a better deal IF you don't want to be online every day of the week, isn't it?

Meteor has that same 50mb for 99c per day thing as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭dubrov

MEteor have the same deal as the Vodafone one.

This is just a further option.

It might suit someone better than the talk and text option

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Or three's €20 pay as you go top up. 200 free weekend minutes, 300 free texts, spend €10 of that top up and get a 1Gb internet download allowance.

Nothing beats it pre-pay for internet users (people on smartphones like iPhone).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

oooooohhhhhhhhh interesting. Free calls and texts, or free internet and texts.... dilemma!

If you had another €20 to spend, you could get a Meteor SIM for free, and sign up to both offers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Willie Stroker

Can you get this offer if you top up online ?

Placebo wrote: »
    interesting, 250mb though, laughable

Not really... I use the mobile an awful lot and barely go through 50mb a month.
    Of course it's different on an iphone but you'd never break 250mb on a regular one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭dodzy

250MB.....=JOKE

Bad deal

Why, exactly ???:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

positron wrote: »

Well if you're comparing offers I think nothing can beat the current Tesco mobile Buy 1 Get 1 Free Offer. If you top up by €20, you get another €20 free credit, to spend on whatever you like, includes calls, texts, picture messages and browsing. All calls are 20c per min., all texts are 9c. Plus they're the only network that give you a promo with a €10 top up, buy a €10 top up and get another €10 free.

By the way, under the Buy 1 Get 1 Free offer, although the terms and conditions on the web site say the opposite, your free credit is used first, then your paid for credit. The free credit lasts 30 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

250MB.....=JOKE

Bad deal

I pay 5.00 for this on bill pay never go over it an I'm always online on the phone, I think it's really good deal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭CR 7

dodzy wrote: »
    Why, exactly ???:rolleyes:
    I pay 5.00 for this on bill pay never go over it an I'm always online on the phone, I think it's really good deal

It's 250mb per month, not per day. Good for extremely light usage and nothing else.

I'd go through the 50mb daily limit on o2 fairly easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

This sounds great but the HERO uses so much data that it probably wouldnt be of use to me. It works out at around 8mb per day, which is fairly small.

It's 250mb per month, not per day. Good for extremely light usage and nothing else.

I'd go through the 50mb daily limit on o2 fairly easily.

Well Im online on my iPhone from 8.30 to 5.00 every week day , and whenever I'm out the weekends and I've never gone over it , mostly just email , facebook an boards . If your using YouTube a lot you could easily go over 250 mb a month I'd imagine . Deal would suit me grand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

250mb is laughable to be honest.

I'll stick with my meteor free texts to any network (i absolutely abuse this plan)

If you use youtube, you'll go over this.. If not, 250mb is more that you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

If you use youtube, you'll go over this.. If not, 250mb is more that you think.

Agreed. I have 250MB with meteor, and rarely even get close to hitting that amount.
    I watch some Youtube, but mostly just browsing.
    If I want to d/l something large, I use my PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

If you use opera mini to browse the net you would never get near 250mb. I check for email on 2 accounts every 30 minutes and am on the net every day using opera mini and the most I've ever used is about 160mb.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

250Mb is fine for general use. I've had that addon on bill pay for almost a year, and I've never gone over the limit, even with email, contacts, and calendar sync, and the odd laptop tether.

Cheaper again, depending on your usage habits, would be to get Bill Pay lite 10 with the 250Mb data addon for a total of €14.99 per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Jonathan wrote: »
    250Mb is fine for general use. I've had that addon on bill pay for almost a year, and I've never gone over the limit, even with email, contacts, and calendar sync, and the odd laptop tether.

Cheaper again, depending on your usage habits, would be to get Bill Pay lite 10 with the 250Mb data addon for a total of €14.99 per month.

That looks savage actually might do that, tell me this how can I use data to go online with an iphone, currently have a jailbroken iphone with a meteor payg sim thrown in

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭jim_bob

taken from http://www.techtv101.com/?p=5172

"Meteor’s Offer is available for Pre-Pay customers on ‘Anytime Choice’ tariff until July 31st with €20 top up in one go required every 30 days."

does this mean that it will not work after the 31st or you can only sign up to it till the 31st

That looks savage actually might do that, tell me this how can I use data to go online with an iphone, currently have a jailbroken iphone with a meteor payg sim thrown in
    download meteor carrier bundle off cydia an turn off the phone then turn it back on again , then into cellular network an press reset and works fine .

edit
    So what does 250MB browsing mean? Well, it will allow you to browse 10,240 mobile sites, download 190 music tracks and read or receive 4,250 emails! people still going to say 250 mb is laughable now ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

download meteor carrier bundle off cydia an turn off the phone then turn it back on again , then into cellular network an press reset and works fine .

edit
    So what does 250MB browsing mean? Well, it will allow you to browse 10,240 mobile sites, download 190 music tracks and read or receive 4,250 emails! people still going to say 250 mb is laughable now ?

I'm sorry, but 250mb is laughable. Most mid to high end phones have no problem loading full pages when browsing the internet, to load the front page of boards is about half a MB of data, 250 for a month will be gone in no time, and that's without loading heavier pages which a lot of people will use. I do hate having to browse "mobile" sites though, so that's just me.
    And i have to say, you're either downloading very poor quality tracks, or all your average song is 30 seconds long.

Advertisement