Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shadowmourne on sunstrider server

Options
  • 09-04-2010 7:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Alot of player turned up lastnight for a dk called Tsubaki from the guild "mist" with shadowmourne, caused a shatload of lag... for those who wasnt there but have interest heres my screenshots. was this the first eu server? :rolleyes:

ilku9j.jpg

35hlrwm.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Nope. A guy on our server (eu-outland) got one on the 31st of march. That was world 12th i think, so im pretty sure at least half of those would be EU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Old news is old. There are currently in the region of 40 of these knocking about in europe at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Does anyone think it looks a bit underwhelming for an orange?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Theres 3 horde side on my server Auchindoun and i would guess more on the ally side since they have better pve afaik! The potential strength off it is insane, counting proc it can be 603 i think plus dk rune is another 75 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

bet he still doesnt top dps meters ! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I've counted six on outland.... ( unless someone had a name change)

Its a pretty epic quest to get it alright, but the sad thing is that its very achieveable, and I think its along the path of current epics, just on a grander scale.

Gold is a luxury so the saronites are no problem. And if your in a 25man guild your probably having an easy time doing the boss requirements. ( maybe not lich king)

Cant see myself going for it cause I dont raid my dk through 25's but it does seem a bit underwhelming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Magill wrote: »
    bet he still doesnt top dps meters ! :D

Yeah the guy who got it on sunstrider is apparently a bit of a scrub, usually one of the lowest on the dps meters for trash and single target.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

tons of em knockin around now, Lock with Thunderfury now is interesting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

TheDoc wrote: »
    I've counted six on outland.... ( unless someone had a name change)
    wtf really?
    Thought it was only Chombat
    Its a pretty epic quest to get it alright, but the sad thing is that its very achieveable, and I think its along the path of current epics, just on a grander scale.

Its actually less achieveable than every other legendary before this (except maybe the staff).
    Warglaives, Bow and thunderfury were merely boss drops.

The shadowmourne questline is waaay longer than the naxx staff with a couple of 'grindy' elements to it (saronites are easy enough, ditto the 1000 souls needed). If your in a raiding guild then the boss kills arent a problem.

The thing that makes it "hard" to get is the drop rate of the Shadowfrost shards. You need 50 of them and they arent a 100% drop rate from bosses (althought they are much more plentiful in hc mode). This basically means only 1 person in a guild can be getting one at any one time and that stage will take each person AT LEAST 5 resets to get close to the shards needed.

My Alt has the epic version of the axe and 1000 souls. Ill probably do the boss portions of the quest (not looking forward to the sindra one with alts:P ) but i can more or less forget about getting 50 of those shards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Joke really how easy it is.

I remember trying to get the orange weapons from MC. What a nightmare. My warrior still has one piece of the sword. Months of trying and the second never dropped. :(

And to get the hammer took contribution from the whole guild.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Dustaz wrote: »
    wtf really?
    Thought it was only Chombat

Complete miscount on my part.

Warrior I saw with it who then changed his name.
    Then I saw a DK and two horde players with them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

yeah its diffo not easy to obtain. Tho imo it should have required a hc lich king kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Magill wrote: »
    yeah its diffo not easy to obtain. Tho imo it should have required a hc lich king kill.

Wouldnt be able to put the weapon to much use then, save for ruby sanctum and farming icc hc :P

As come cata it will prob just be pretty lookin fluff :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

There's been 2 on kor'gall horde within a day of each other, different guilds.
    Not sure about alliance side as its all but dead on that side.

Advertisement