Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any way to get to Cork from Waterford other than Bus Eireann?

Options
  • 08-04-2010 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

I need to go to Cork from Waterford on Saturday morning and I need to be in Cork before 10am. The earliest Bus Eireann bus doesn't get in until 10.15. Does anyone know of any local bus companies or similar that leave earlier? Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

No other public transport.

I have similar problems with 'early' flights (noon) from Cork Airport and end-up driving and paying extortionate car parking charges.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

The earliest train from Waterford would get you to Cork before 10am 9.53am to be precise but you'd have to change trains in Limerick Junction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

Believe it or not the train gets you to cork at 9.53am.

Dept Waterford at 06.30 - Arrive Limerick Junction at 08.12.
    Dept Limerick Junction at 08.46 - Arrive Cork at 09.53.

There's a 17.30 dept from Cork the same day that gets you back to Waterford at 20.27.

Should be quicker, but thats another story.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 konstruktsiya

Train is too pricey for me - no online deals for that route :( Will have to change plans. Thanks for replies!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Train is too pricey for me - no online deals for that route :( Will have to change plans. Thanks for replies!

The train is EUR 20 single and day saver return from Waterford to Cork - at the booking office - hardly expensive!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement