Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standing Orders & Sky TV

Options
  • 08-04-2010 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi all,

I want to automate my monthly payments to sky TV. However as I get paid fortnightly and don't trust them as the add things on & up the price for no apparent reason, i therefore want to set up a standing order that I can adjust myself to suit when I get paid..

Sky says they only accept Direct Debit or Recurring Credit card (defo not doing that!) or Giro's that you can use to pay in the post office or bank...
    My question is has anyone sucessfully set up a standing order or know anyone who has... from talking to my bank manager the banks take a dim view of service providers refusing to let you pay this way basically she said that if they can give you a giro to use in the post office what's the difference in giving you details of a clearing account to pay using 365online/ebanking/ or whatever....
    Reason Banks like all providers to accept standing order is it allows us to take better control of our finances as we can set/adjust & move payments to suit budgets & paydays.

Interested to hear your feedback.
    ... oh and apologies if this isn't te most appropriate place to post this, I did try a search & had a look in the FAQ.

Ta.

Advertisement