Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Physical Implausibilities of Pokemon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

It's a bit hard to read:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

MrPain wrote: »
    It's a bit hard to read:rolleyes:

Two linking fails later....and i manage to do it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

I lol'd at Macargo and Pidgeot especially. But some of them are okay aren't they, scientifically? Okay, a little unbelievable but not impossible. I would've liked them to explain HSOWA* :pac: Or how Golem EXPLODES and is still okay afterwards?

*Hot Skitty on Wailord Action

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

I believe that Anime Physics also apply to that

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

Hahaha, this always annoyed me as a kid.
    In almost every episode, Jessie, James, and Meowth manage to get launched hundreds of feet into the air, sometimes crashing through the roof of a building or a cave wall, by various means (usually a Pokémon attack). However, others standing near them will not be moved or even affected, and Team Rocket never gets seriously hurt from the flight, which would surely kill a normal person. They also are in a stationary position during the first part of their flight, and then start suddenly spinning, normally after making a humorous comment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Actually the Ratticate one isn't too bad - concrete may withstand massive pressures but it's brittle (hence the need for steel reinforcement to help it withstand lateral forces). Ratticate's flavour text says it can gnaw through buildings, not crunch clean through them in a single bite.

Also in relative terms if you can accept Hitmonlee's bullet train punch then it's not much of a stretch to accept the Machamp 10,000 punches since it's only a fraction of a second in the difference.

In conclusion - we can put a man on the moon but it's 2010 and I still can't buy a fricken Pikachu in Tesco? Science has failed our world!

Advertisement