Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which MHRV System?

Options
  • 08-04-2010 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello,

I'm building a new house and am fitting a Mechanical Heat Recovery Ventilation system. I've researched the supplier/installers in my area and it comes down to a choice between 4 systems.

The only “advice” out there comes from manufacturers or suppliers and how reliably can you act on the information given by someone who wants to sell you something?? I’ve looked at the SAP comparison site and they seem to be much of a muchness so I’m hoping that you good folks can shed some light on the choice for me… It'll come down to price and quality.

Choice 1
    Unit - MTD-ERV 350 Elite
    Ducting – mix of flexible insulated ducting and flat pack (under the upper concrete slab floors)

Choice 2
    Unit – HRV Heru 90
    Ducting – Metal rigid ducting

Choice 3
    Unit – Ubbink Medio (300m3/hr) HRV
    Ducting – mix of flexible insulated ducting and rigid foam (under the upper concrete slab floors)

Choice 4
    Unit – Vortice Proeteo HR 400
    Ducting – mix of circular rigid, rigid plastic and flexible insulated

Hopefully you can share experiences and help me get a clear picture of which one to choose. I understand how important this decision is but I’m a bit paralysed in making my decision purely due to my ignorance!:confused:

If you know of any forums or other resources that will help I’d also love to hear!

Thanks,
    Peter

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Moved from Green Issues - more likely to get a reply here.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭beyondpassive

You could add the 'Paul' range of MHRV to the list. Most Passive house builders use products from this range. Not sure anymore who supplies this in Ireland, but they can be got from Scotland. You could also talk to Shane Millar of quality HRV. I don't know anything about his system, which is called Quality HRV but he's worth chatting to about ducting and the best way to heat your house when using MHRV. Designing the ducting is critical to getting high efficiency, good pressure balence and low noise. Use flexi's only for branches rather than the main runs.

Advertisement