Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blue Peter and bottles of Fairy

Options
  • 08-04-2010 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭

Seriously, did anyone ever actually have a bottle of washing up liquid when they tuned into Blue Peter? They'd ask for lots of stuff that was used, but by the time you could get them, the video was probably taped over a couple of hundred times!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭Trashbat

the_syco wrote: »
    Seriously, did anyone ever actually have a bottle of washing up liquid when they tuned into Blue Peter? They'd ask for lots of stuff that was used, but by the time you could get them, the video was probably taped over a couple of hundred times!

At least washing up liquid bottle was in some way achievable. Have you ever tried to actually buy Sticky-back plastic in pre-google days? Nightmare!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

My mam used to empty her washing up liquid into a cup to give me the bottle if I wanted to make something off Blue Peter :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭desolate sun

Hee hee! Blue Peter were always using washing up bottles!

My mum recently told me that I would ask her every single day was she finished with the fairy liquid! That bottle lasted for months. Oh and it was the perfect shape for 50s style rockets - can't use washing up bottles nowadays :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Some empty matchboxes, a few thumb-tacks, glue/paste... and voila! A (albeit very small) chest of drawers for Barbie/Sindy.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭desolate sun

Dudess wrote: »
    Some empty matchboxes, a few thumb-tacks, glue/paste... and voila! A (albeit very small) chest of drawers for Barbie/Sindy.

OMG. There was a 2/3 parter on Blue Peter to make a clothes shop for Sindy in the 1980s. It was brilliant. You used a matchbox and something else to make a cash register!

• Advertisement
Advertisement