Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neuroscience and Molecular Medicine info.

Options
  • 08-04-2010 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭

I'm currently toying with the idea of starting over my degree with physics and chemistry or making the switch to Chemical Engineering over in the polytechnic since studying biology is beginning to lose it's appeal.

Only thing that's keeping me in science are Neuroscience and Molecular Medicine. I know a few boardsies have done or are doing Neuro in the past so if they could give their two cents on the course it would be much appreciated. Also if anyone could give me any impressions on the enigma of TR071 that is Molecular Medicine that would be great. I've picked up the moderatorship booklet from the course office but I'm trying to get student insights etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Gen10

Could you not just transfer to PCAM? I think a few people in my year did that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Gen10 wrote: »
    Could you not just transfer to PCAM? I think a few people in my year did that :)

Sorry I should've mentioned that I do Chemistry, Biology, Maths Methods and Geology so PCAM is out I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Gen10

You could always go into Geology :rolleyes: I can see why you're fed up with biology though, it's pretty crap in JF! It does get more interesting in SF but it's not fun studying for it...8 modules :mad:
    Molecular Med and Neuroscience sound really interesting but I know the competition to get in is tough so you'd need to be doing well in 2nd year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

Have to agree about Bio. Was very disheartened after 1st year but it does get better in 2nd year (and hopefully will get easier with the SU possibly lobbying for Xmas exams).

What you could do (if no one in those courses is on here) is email the heads of the Neuro and MolMed courses and ask could you be put in contact with a current JS or SS student. As I'd totally agree, current and past students are the best people to talk to. And of course talk to your tutor person.

Advertisement