Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which poker site/program?

Options
  • 08-04-2010 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but would people here recommend a particular site for playing online poker? There are too many to choose from and would prefer a bit of advice rather than picking one out of a hat.

My intention is to play from time to time, not hours a day, probably in cash games with 10c/25c blinds to start out with. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Daithio9

gnolan wrote: »
    Apologies if this has already been discussed, but would people here recommend a particular site for playing online poker? There are too many to choose from and would prefer a bit of advice rather than picking one out of a hat.

My intention is to play from time to time, not hours a day, probably in cash games with 10c/25c blinds to start out with. Thanks
    Pokerstars or Full tilt, game selection is excellent and they also have great tournaments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

If going full tilt get rakeback!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭gnolan

Thanks. Are there any ones which are particularly preferential with regard to signing up offers. I would also like one that has a relatively low min. deposit, like 10 Euro.

And what does rakeback mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Not sure about minimum deposits I know on stars you can deposit 20 euro anyway cause thats what I done few weeks ago.

Rakeback is were you get a certain % of the rake you pay in every pot back at the end of the month. It may not seem much to you now but if you ever get serious about poker you'll be kicking yourself for not getting it. Stars don't have it but full tilt does so just make sure you sign up for that when you do sign up. Just google it and you'll find out how to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

If you play with any ambition to win, i suggest you adopt bankroll management. Depositing a tenner to play .10/.25 will not get you far OP.

Sorry if I sound harsh, you may not really care and just wanna play a few hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭gnolan

If you play with any ambition to win, i suggest you adopt bankroll management. Depositing a tenner to play .10/.25 will not get you far OP.

Sorry if I sound harsh, you may not really care and just wanna play a few hands.

What do you mean by this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055320331

Start here. There is 2 posts on BR management. I'd say there is loads of other posts you should read too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 reverie

From what I can tell, poker stars is best for micro players. Best game selection, cheapest rake and smooth software. When you've got into the game and play more regularly I recommend shopping around for a rakeback deal on one of the bigger euro networks. It is much easier to build a bankroll that way.

Advertisement