Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off the Rails again..

Options
  • 08-04-2010 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

I am a big fashion lover, but this show is not good- why can't they come up with something original??? same bodysuit thing as Trinny & Susannah- same blow up photograph thing as Gok...there is loads of talent in this country and RTE just copies other show formats...annoying

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭xilovejedwardx

I totally agree! And this season has been terrible! The clothes they put them in do not suit them at all!! They need to go a new route, something that hasn't been done before!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I have only watched one episode of this series and I what struck me was that the female presenter doesn't necessarily know how to dress for her own body type. I wouldn't let someone like that give me a makeover.

I used to watch the show every week when Pamela and Caroline were presenting it. It was much better back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

I have to agree, I much preferred the old format with Pamela and Caroline.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Yup I agree too. That show has gone completely down the tubes. It feels like it's now aimed at an older audience now or something.There is just nothing fresh or interesting about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

I liked the old version better. I don't like the new presenters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭celsy

The old format was such better, I think the presenter brendan's production company took over the show hense him presenting and all of a sudden dressed head to toe like a pretentious git.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

celsy wrote: »
    hense him presenting and all of a sudden dressed head to toe like a pretentious git.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭1071823928

worst show ever! sometimes i think they make the people look worse than they did before! though this isnt surprising since the presenters are usually wearing something rank anyway!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 OoOROiSiNOoO

Sonia's hair looks like she has been dragged through a bush sometimes and her make up is so subtle she looks washed out! Fair enough if she's going for the natural look but she's being paid for telling other people how to look good, even though she isn't making the most out of her looks. And the majority of the clothes on the show are really expensive :mad: last night's episode had a few dresses that you could only rent let alone buy :confused:
    Anyway most of the time the women just need a blow dry and their make up done, they need a trip to town not a make-over on the show! Sorry went on a bit of a rant there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

I totally agree! Its terrible now. I really liked the old format with the two girls on they were very good.

I can't stand the way its such a copy of Gok and Trinny and Susannah.

Also, does anyone else get annoyed by the bad camera angles and the zooming in and out frantically at odd angles?? Does my head in!

phew, needed that rant!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭punkindrublic

I agree with you all too, it's awful now & the female doesn't even know how to dress herself. I only watched one ep this season and it horrible from beginning to end. Can't stand that guy who presents it either

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I used to love Brendan Courtney on Wanderlust. Didn't he have a fashion show in the UK too? I don't like him on Off The Rails, probably because I don't like the format.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I haven't been a fan of this season either. I think it's more so because they have a stereotypical 'camp' gay man presenting it.

I'm also pretty sure a goat could dress better than the female presenter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 missmonkeypenny

I'm too am losing interest in Off the rails but i just love Gok Wan's fashion fix - its quirky and keeps you intersted. Irish tv shows always seem to lack lustre!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Did anyone see last nights makeover? The poor girl - she wasn't a real skinny minnie, but she had a figure that was in proprtion and a really pretty face. They put her in the most awful dresses that really aged her (she was only 29). At one stage while they were shopping he put her in a tight sateen dress that was just clinging in all the wrong places, all you could see was belly, hips and boobs. To cap things off, they put her in horizontal stripes for the unveil!

Worst of all was what Brendan himself was wearing for the unveil, a navy blazer, t shirt, pink 3/4 length shorts and tan boots! They really do not have a clue :mad:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Beonce

Can't stand the show, it really is cringe TV at its finest. Some of the style "tips" are beyond belief, my mam loves watching it though, she gets great craic out of the outfits that they put on the poor folk that take part!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

The Sex and the City tips in last nights episode were just plain awful. As for the bit where they show how to dress in current trends... Yeah, that never works out. Underwear as outer wear was last night and there was only one word for it, disastrous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 hunnybee

I actually did'nt watch it...think I am done with it- will only have to vent my fury here if I do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

I saw the end of last nights show, i couldn't belive what Brendan was wearing! The blue socks just took the biscuit!

I didn't think the SATC tips where great either.

And why why why the crazy camera zooming in and out like mad ... uggh

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

and they told the makeover girl NEVER to wear a long necklace , and that because of her size she should only wear short, almost choker styles!!
    everyone knows that a long necklace elongates the neck, and draws attention towards the cleavege - one of her best features.

and the way he said it too "NEVER wear a long necklace with your shape!"
    ridiculous.
    [though i still think he did a waaaay better job of the makeover than blondie does. she comes across as so condescending. and the last time i saw it [i've only seen it twice] she was making the girl try on a dress she hated [and it was awful] and blondie was like "really?! i thought you'd like this one. oh no. well okay, but you get the idea of how the shape is flattering right?"
    do they only have two hours of shopping or something? the professional thing to do would be go find a similar dress the girl really did love. it just looked so cheap like "well we dont really have time to find a dress you DO like, the shows only for RTE after all".

• Advertisement

and they told the makeover girl NEVER to wear a long necklace , and that because of her size she should only wear short, almost choker styles!!
    everyone knows that a long necklace elongates the neck, and draws attention towards the cleavege - one of her best features

Couldn't believe this 'gem' of a piece of advise either! This came only minutes after he told her that she had great boobs and that she should draw attention to them :confused:. He doesn't have a notion and hald his 'advise' contradicts the other half!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I thought the dress was quite flattering on her tbh. Horizontal stripes or not :p

Dolorous wrote: »
    I thought the dress was quite flattering on her tbh. Horizontal stripes or not :p

I thought while it gave her a nice nipped in waist, it left her big around the hips and matronly around the boobs.

I thought the second dress was awful on her, way too old for a 29 year old. I'm sure they put a 50-something year old woman in a pretty similar dress last season :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

They were definitely too old for her alright, the second dress was awful! Brendan's pink shorts were hilarious :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭LeahK

Terrible. I think its really gone down hill, they try to all couture and high end fashion and it just looks tacky and for want of a better word "Irish"..

I wish blondy whats her face would brush her hair and wear clothes that were nice and suited her.

I always watch/ed it, but to be honest I never remember it being half as good as the English shows which is a real shame.

Advertisement