Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quality of Lecturers

Options
  • 07-04-2010 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Just curious if people are generally happy with their lecturers in the college.
    I guess its the same in any college, there will be a few excellent and a few terrible ones.

As I mentioned here before on another thread, I am currently doing a mechanical engineering course for the last 3 years.
    Of the approx 10 different lecturers I have had, 3 were excellent, as they should be, 3 were average, and 4 are absolute rubbish.
    Its such a great help when you have a good lecturer but it is so frustrating when you have really bad ones.

So from my experience
    30% were excellent
    30& were good
    40% were rubbish.

Just wondering what other peoples experiences are and what they think.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I'll be keeping a very close eye on this thread. Any names mentioned, or basically dropping very un-subtle hints to who a lecturer is, and this thread will be locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Have I seen this thread before somewhere or am I having a major case of deja vu?

The lecturers are grand. Thinking about I would say something like;

10% absolutely brilliant

40% good

20% know their subject but can't teach it

30% pretty poor

It's about 50/50 like anywhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

After sleeping on it, i've decided to lock this thread. It is too much of a mindfield and it will just cause hassle. Please do not open any more threads on this topic.

Thanks

Bryn

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement