Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom wireless router media server problems connecting to PS3

Options
  • 07-04-2010 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

hi,
    i'm try to get the my ps3 to connect to my laptops media server but it won't. i know its the wireless modem because when i plug a wireless router i have into one of the outputs from the eircom box i can get it to work, but its a very messy system and i just want to be able to use the eircom box. it has a NAT 2 connection so there should be no problem with signal. i think it might be something to do with a firewall on the eircom box so i disabled it by connecting to the ip of the modem and it still didn't work. the eircom box i have is new, not the netopia one that everyone seems to have. its a ZyXEL communications corporation P-660HW-T1 v.3 . has anyone had this problem and had a fox for it?
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭Damien360

Failrly simple to do and I had in working when I was on eircom also. I do not know the modem at all but if you have NAT2 then you are laughing.

Enable media server on PS3. Use either Tversity and use it to find the PS3. Enable all the necessary firewall access on your PC and away you go.

Or use windows media instead. You must allow the windows network service in your PC firewall to get it working.

Bets are it is either your PC firewall....which is easy to troubleshoot....just turn off and test.

Or there is a setting on your router that makes each client on the network unable to see each other. It was on the old netopia box also. It will be in the wireless signal setup. Damned if I can remember the name of it.

Also, you are better asking this stuff over on the playstation forum under games/consoles/playstation.

Advertisement