Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adamstown: To buy or not to buy

Options
  • 07-04-2010 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site and am hoping you can help.

I've recently been given mortgage approval and am considering buying in Adamstown. I've seen a place I really like in Stratton and I'm wondering if anyone is living there now and can tell me what the area is like.

It seems very quiet whenever I've been down there and having seen some older posts on Adamstown here which talk about it being a ghost town and the developer not finishing it I can't help but think am I making the wrong decision to buy here.

Also, is the rental potential good in the area? I would think so with the train station making the city centre so accessible but it is a bit far out from town.

Any advice at all would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Hi Welcome to Boards :) I would recommend you have a look at posts on the following forum which will give you an idea of problems issues homeowners have living there be it management costs, parking noisey neighbours etc http://www.neighbours.ie/adamstown/

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭PonyP

Hi Dublin24guy,

Myself and my husband have recently bought a house in Adamstown in The Paddocks. We only moved in a week ago and are very happy so far. We love our house and the fact that we are near the shops, park etc. Both of us are from the country so being near shops is a whole new thing for us! It is a bit of a walk to the bus stop and a very very long walk (20minutes) to the train station from our estate (there is a shortcut/new road due to open at some stage which will make it quicker to access the train station).

We were a bit apprenhensive at the start as we had read so much about Adamstown being a ghost town, rows of empty houses, etc. etc. but we decided to bite the bullet and buy when we saw the price of houses dropping. So far so good but it's very early days so far!

Best of luck with your decision!:)

Advertisement