Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd Hand Books?

Options
  • 07-04-2010 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭

Hey dudes,

Sorry for clogging up space with this thread, but I'm currently under pressure to find a couple of books for my 3rd year politics course, and since H&F is a rip-off, I'm wondering are there any good places to find 2nd hand college books around the city centre/online?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Je ne sais pas.

Chapters is brilliant, you are bound to find some of what you need there, but be prepared to spend a while searching! Cheap as chips when you do find something though.

They also take in books, but only up-to-date editions.

Speaking of that, can we post here if we have textbooks we want to sell to others??

I have textbooks in perfect condition that need a loving home. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

Did you also try the SU bookshop? Apparently they've their whole catalogue online now, so if you rummage around on the tcdsu website you might find what you're looking for.

Also +1 on the books for sale, although what will I use to stand my monitor on if I sell them :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

http://www.abebooks.co.uk/ is worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Je ne sais pas.

Ok if anyone wants these or knows someone who wants them PM me or email me at this lovely gmail account I just made: perfect.textbooks2010@gmail.com.

They are all in mint condition, never written on, never highlighted etc. Heck most of them are even covered in that clear stuff to help them stay extra pretty.

Sociology: A Global Introduction (3rd Edition), Macionis & Plummer (€25)

Politics (3rd Edition), Heywood (€20)

Economics (6th Edition), Parkin, Powell & Matthews (€30)

Mathematics for Economics & Business (5th Edition), Jacques (€30)

Principles of Marketing (5th Edition), Kotler, Armstrong, Wong, Saunders (€30)

Organizational Behaviour: Core Concepts (6th Edition), Vecchio (€15)

These are bargains as they are like new and I'm willing to sell most of them them for half the price I paid for them or less.

The last two are SF books and worth getting them cheap now.

Also will sell the 1st year ones at a special discount for anyone doing exams at the moment who can't get the books in the library. If you buy it with a friend that's half the cost and only one other person to share it with!

Thanking you

Advertisement