Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlies ice-cream?

Options
  • 06-04-2010 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

Hi, the good weather is due soon and i'm just wondering if anyone in Dundalk knows where Charlie is? haven't seen him since before xmas and all the other vans are starting to do their rounds. Best ice-cream ever. you haven't had ice-cream until you've tasted his cream :rolleyes: ever had ice-cream as nice as this, even kicks the roma into touch, but i think thats because they put their machine stuff into it and mix it up.

Anyway, does anyone know where he is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

Hi, the good weather is due soon and i'm just wondering if anyone in Dundalk knows where Charlie is? haven't seen him since before xmas and all the other vans are starting to do their rounds. Best ice-cream ever. you haven't had ice-cream until you've tasted his cream :rolleyes: ever had ice-cream as nice as this, even kicks the roma into touch, but i think thats because they put their machine stuff into it and mix it up.

Anyway, does anyone know where he is?

Havnt seen him myself, but must say I'm a fan of the roma's whipped stuff as opposed to the big lump of hard coal charlie gives you :pac:

Pax Christi
    Stephen <3

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭bigdogbarking

Havnt seen him myself, but must say I'm a fan of the roma's whipped stuff as opposed to the big lump of hard coal charlie gives you :pac:

Pax Christi
    Stephen <3

Ah no way!!!, alright for a hangover though if charlie isn't about or you get up too late and miss him :) they're milkshakes are the business though.

Ah no way!!!, alright for a hangover though if charlie isn't about or you get up too late and miss him :) they're milkshakes are the business though.

Well I cant imagine an Icecream to be a cure of the Hangover but people have their ways of dealing with their hangovers I suppose and whom am I to argue with that? :eek::)

Never had a Milkshake there, will have to try it. I still cant believe they are getting away with charging people 1.95 euro for a little silly glass of coke, which in reality is just half a can of coke poured into a glass, 1.95?:eek:

There should be a law against charging such prices :(:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

...even kicks the roma into touch, but i think thats because they put their machine stuff into it and mix it up

You need to work on your taste buds. Nordones (Charlies) have been making the ice cream for The Roma for decades. It's the same stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

...I still cant believe they are getting away with charging people 1.95 euro for a little silly glass of coke, which in reality is just half a can of coke poured into a glass, 1.95?:eek:

There should be a law against charging such prices :(:D

They'll continue to get away with it as long as people continue to go there and pay the prices. If you think it's too expensive, don't go there. Simple as. There's no law against it because we live in a free market economy. Price is a function of supply and demand; as long as people continue to demand the product at the price, they'll continue to supply it. If you and enough other people vote with your feet and don't go (and more especially if you let them know WHY you've stopped going), then the demand drops. When demand drops, price soon follows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Ah yeah, Charlie's ice cream mmmm! Has to be the nicest ice cream in the world. I craved for it when having my first child. I haven't had it from the van in years though I do have regular Roma ones though. I always thought they tasted the same. I know they're both Charlie's but a true ice-cream connoisseur may be able to tell the difference in quality.

I remember the van going round when I was a child, it was the nicest of all the whippy stuff. I rarely got one though unless my brothers and sister weren't around my mother might stretch to one.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Aah Charlies ice cream.. I remember a childhood of dropping everything you were doing at the sound of his van, and running to get a pound. Man I wish I had a Charlies ice cream right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭TheBigFella

By far Charlies was the nicest, and we would always chance asking for a free empty cone for the 'child' then split the ice-cream with a mate.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Still on the go anyway, passed through Ard Easmuinn earlier.

Dunny! wrote: »
    Still on the go anyway, passed through Ard Easmuinn earlier.

Even if he hasn't you've still made my day, given me hope :) lol

Thanks for the heads-up, should be down near me soon so :)

• Advertisement

or perhaps he got wind of this thread? :pac:

or perhaps he got wind of this thread? :pac:

He must have, he was here today and even asked me if i posted in the net about him lol

He must have, he was here today and even asked me if i posted in the net about him lol

Did he really? He must be chuffed:).

Yeah I haven't seen him around lately either - or heard his distinctive (if slightly annoying) tune.
    I could do with a Charlie's on a day like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

Ah I don't think he got his NCT this year...

*gets coat leaves*:pac:

I had a Roma homemade one today, mmmmm! So refreshing. My and my wee fella slurped the whole way home. I'd love one right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Yeah I haven't seen him around lately either - or heard his distinctive (if slightly annoying) tune.
    I could do with a Charlie's on a day like this.

The bastid woke me up Saturday morn with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

i never get an ice cream in the roma when mrs roma is serving them:(
    *shivers*
    cant explain it!!

i never get an ice cream in the roma when mrs roma is serving them:(
    *shivers*
    cant explain it!!

Maybe its because she doesnt wear a hairnet? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

I saw him yesterday evening in Farndreg around 6.30.

• Advertisement
Advertisement