Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghostly Picture I took as a kid--just looking for answers

Options
  • 06-04-2010 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi there,
    For a long time I`ve done nothing about this story but I`ve got to the stage where I seriously want answers.
    When I was a kid, I went to St. Canices Girls School in Finglas. As those who know the school and area will know, there is the main school building and then a smaller cottage-like building towards the back of the grounds known as the "small school". There are only about four classroooms in it and I was in it for first class and loved it.
    The "small school" as it`s called is said to be haunted. Dozens of people I`ve spoken to have seen and heard things there that cannot be explained: dead children etc etc.
    Now, when I was in 6th class, I got a polaroid camera as a confrmation present and one day on lunch break, I was wandering around the schoolyard taking random pictures with it. I took two pictures of the "small school" from its gounds. I stood and watched the first photo develop and as I watched, the distinct white figure of a little girl appeared in the photo. She was misty and transparant but the shape was without a doubt a child. She was wearing what looked like an old pinafor or something like it. There was NOONE in that area of the grounds as the kids were playing in the main schoolyard and I had wandered off on my own. It could not have been a trick of the light or an error in development as I stood and watched it develop in front of me. I then took a second snap, and low and behold the same figure appeared in it again, in just the same spot, although the second photo was much more blurry than the first.
    Well I as I headed back to the main schoolyard I was absolutly swamped as the other girls grappled, everyone trying to grab the pictures off me---some of the kids screaming etc. There was such a commotion that one of the teachers stepped in to see what all the fuss was about. She had a look at one of the photos and then confiscated it. I never got it back. As for the second shot, I hid it, but when I took it out a few mins later to have a look at it again I ended up getting hassled for it non-stop so in the end I (stupidly, stupidly) snipped the photo in a few pieces and threw it in the bin. That was that.
    I sincerely regret destroying that second photo but I was a kid at the time and to be honest I got a bit freaked out myself looking at it as it was so clear and I knew for an absolute fact that there was nobody there but me. It scared me a bit so I thought I was doing right by getting rid of it. Biggest mistake ever.
    Now here I am years later (Im 26 now) and I can`t help but wonder what became of that second photo--the one the teacher confiscated. She took it with her to the staff room and it certainly isn`t the sort of thing that would have been thrown out. I want to find out where the photo is today. I just want to see it again. Someone somehwere has this photo or knows something about it.
    So Im looking for information.
    Have you ever seem a photo in the grounds of St. Canices like the one I`ve described?
    Do you know anyone who has?
    Did you or anyone you know ever work at the school either as a teacher or otherwise and hear of the story?
    I would welcome any information regarding this photo--as Ive said I think I just want to see it again for my own sanity.
    Feel free to pm me with information if you don`t feel comfortable posting here.

Ruth

Advertisement