Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great new website on haunted locations.

Options
  • 06-04-2010 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

http://www.hauntedirishbuildings.com

Just saw this website on facebook and thought i would set up a link to it. It has some great haunted locations here in Ireland and great pictures to go with them. Worth a look:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Yeah its pretty cool.Hope they keep adding to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

It says Loftus halls is private - no access.

joined the facebook page :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

ah now - jesus wept.

I'd love to see the proof that the list on there is haunted.

i take that back, as its a bit harsh.

What i wonder is how will the site offer any different information than you'd get from most irish forums? Its all the usual suspects - charville, leap etc etc etc. Still though, theres a place for the public to contribute so it may well grow into something less generic.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

I like the Idea i would like to see on the page how much the venues are charging per head,to give people the heads up before they pay for somethhing that looks spooky and isnt,,would like to see more places that havent been done,

good luck with the project you know were we are if you need a hand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

few changes to the website there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

The content of the site is going to be handy for people but I think the design needs some tweaking. As far as I can see each page of the website is an actual image instead of text and images etc, which is a big no no in web design.

The site doesn't reformat well on mobile devices or weird resolutions as the text size and quality is set in stone as it's a picture of text etc. I don't mean to put the site down or anything, just giving my opinion as a fellow web designer.

If it was me I'd change images of text to actual text. But of course we all have our own ideas of how we want our site to look and feel so please feel free to ignore my ramblings :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

a google map thingy would be cool on it. and/or some wiki thing where people can add there own

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

I think a Wiki thing where people could add their own, would completly ruin it.. it would ruin the layout and god knows what people would be writing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Carrickfergus castle should be added.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

a google map thingy would be cool on it. and/or some wiki thing where people can add there own
    I think locations should be kept quiet(no maps) as long as possible for the sake of the location itself otherwise they would be overrun with people.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Mentioned in this weekends Irish Times

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Good job, is that me getting a mention in bold too? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Shanewalsh

seanybiker wrote: »
    It says Loftus halls is private - no access.

joined the facebook page :)

Loftus Hall is a no go they have Netwatch protecting the grounds. As a fan of Urban Exploration i have read up on the History and i would love to see this place from the paranormal side.

Here is a haunted location for you all, Its the hammer house of horror in Clontarf where a fair few people died in the past. Here is the link to the pictures http://www.urbanexploration.ie/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=101

And the history of the happenings: http://www.independent.ie/national-news/burnt-body-found-in-house-of-horror-1055315.html

There is a lot more haunted locations around Dublin and Wicklow that have not really been mentioned for some reason

How do you back up the claims its haunted?

Or is a place automatically 'haunted' if someone dies there?

Personal experiences, Plus a lot of the local people have claimed to see/hear things.

just wondering. theres plenty of stories about plenty of places but not too many are 'haunted'. The main claim youve made on that one references to a newspaper article on someone found dead there. Im amazed how people see 'place where dead person be' and come up with haunted but thats not related to this thread so I'll rant elsewhere.

Shanewalsh wrote: »
    There is a lot more haunted locations around Dublin and Wicklow that have not really been mentioned for some reason

you should mention them.

Baltinglass Convent national school - Co Wicklow

Its been derelict a long time and when myself and a friend where in there we both heard loud as anything walking across floorboards over our heads. And there was nobody in the place other than us 2. Now thats just a personal experience and we tried to debunk it as much as we could be to no success. And strange shadows in that place too. Camera malfunctions also.

Bawnboy workhouse - Co Leitrim

I caught a strange figure in front of one of the buildings, i sent it off to TAPS and even they were baffled along with professional photographers. I will see if i can find it and post it up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Nacho Contreras

maccored wrote: »
    i take that back, as its a bit harsh.

What i wonder is how will the site offer any different information than you'd get from most irish forums? Its all the usual suspects - charville, leap etc etc etc. Still though, theres a place for the public to contribute so it may well grow into something less generic.

Have to agree with this. Don't want to knock the guy for trying but the descriptions of the locations and stories behind them are just copied and pasted from other sites. The photos and wording for the hellfire club are ripped straight from wikipedia. Also for anyone planning on visiting the hellfire club please don't go by the directions on that site, you will be led through the biggest sh*thole estate in dublin and end up at a dead end on top of tallaght hill, miles away from the hellfire club.

It just pisses me off when you see something like this, thinking yeah great some new information about these places until you realise its just regurgitated from somewhere else...lazy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

It just pisses me off when you see something like this, thinking yeah great some new information about these places until you realise its just regurgitated from somewhere else...lazy

I'm not sure the guy is lazy and it's probably good to have the basic info on one site for people who don’t know anything about the paranormal community in Ireland. I don’t think the site is aimed at people who use this forum as there is nothing there for us really. It's for newbie’s and people outside the community and there is nothing wrong with that.

I do check back every so often hoping to see he has changed the format of the site as it’s all just a big picture that loads up. No actual text on the site so it doesn’t really look great or scale well on higher and lower resolution devices.

Advertisement