Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for an archery club for sports expo

Options
  • 06-04-2010 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭

Hi i am running Sports Expo Ireland on Sunday June 6th at Limerick Race course we are trying to find an archery club.company who would set up a small archery range in a safe and secure area show people how to do it properly ect.

In return you get a free stand and we can negotiate if you have other requirements. This is a great way to get people to take up the sport of Archery.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭trekkypj

I've not been all that active in the sport lately but for what it's worth...

Your best bet would be to contact the Irish Amateur Archery Association and see if they would be willing to get involved. They're the governing body of the sport in Ireland and are affiliated to FITA, also known as the World Archery Federation, as well as the main sports bodies in Ireland.

If you want to showcase archery at your event, they're the people to talk to as all the clubs are (or should be!) affiliated to them.

See www.archery.ie for details. If you click the "Contacts" link on the left hand side, you'll get contact details for all the officers. (I haven't put the email aaddresses up here for fear they may get spammed but they're easy enough to find.)

I'd suggest contacting one of the committee first of all. I'm sure that they'd be happy to assist you in this.

Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭weeman2

thanks trekkypj i will contact them

Advertisement