Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamecube collection

Options
  • 06-04-2010 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭

I got a gamecube a while ago with some games.

F-Zero GX
    Resident Evil 4
    Resident Evil 0
    RE Remake
    Killer 7
    Eternal Darkness
    Viewtful Joe
    Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
    Phantast Star Online: Ep 1 + 2

I just want to get a list of essential games i want to get for the system and figured that this is a good place to get advice.

I know I need to get Twin Snakes, and was there a PAL version of Ikagura for the GC

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Trust me you don't need a PAL or any other copy of Twin Snakes, it's a poor version of the original, stick with that. Also Ikaruga was released in PAL territories but prepare to pay through the nose for it. I reckon I've a perfect GC collection myself so will post back later with a full list of what I consider essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Jack burton

That would be great thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

That's a pretty nice collection to start you off! My favourite game on the system is definitely the original Metroid Prime, shouldn't be too hard to find. Zelda: Wind Waker is another essential game to pick up.

I'm in the states for a few months and picked up a cheap US gamecube to get my gaming fix, mostly picked up doubles of what I have at home (the best of which you have) Picked up the Mega Man Anniversary Collection too, which is taking up plenty of my time.

Have the PAL version of Ikaruga at home, if I'd known they were going to become scarce I would've picked up a couple more!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Long term reader, first time poster, blah blah! Just found the retro forum, thought it would be a lot more pre SNES era so I'm pleasantly surprised it deals with ps1 stuff!

Anyway, the matter at hand...! Tales of Symphonia, Pikmin, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door and Super Mario Sunshine (My personal favourite Mario) are what I'd suggest!

For a base collection, s'not looking the worst already!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Terrible that the lads in Gamestop actually fecked a load of Gamecube games into a skip a year ago, very bad really, that said it was all the Red Card football game, some Fifas and Billy Hatcher, so no real harm done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Long term reader, first time poster, blah blah! Just found the retro forum, thought it would be a lot more pre SNES era so I'm pleasantly surprised it deals with ps1 stuff!

Anyway, the matter at hand...! Tales of Symphonia, Pikmin, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door and Super Mario Sunshine (My personal favourite Mario) are what I'd suggest!

For a base collection, s'not looking the worst already!

+1 for Paper Mario, great game! Never really got into Mario Sunshine but it's definitely worth picking up if you see it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Terrible that the lads in Gamestop actually fecked a load of Gamecube games into a skip a year ago, very bad really, that said it was all the Red Card football game, some Fifas and Billy Hatcher, so no real harm done!

Billy hatcher is supposed to be ok I think, not sure. Was going to buy it at one stage but I didn't have enough or it wasn't on sale or something. Cant remember now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I didn't really enjoy Billy Hatcher :/

Ok off the top of my head:

Metroid Prime 1 (better than the excellent MP2)
    As mentioned already mario sunshine, paper mario, tales of symphonia, Pikmin 1 and 2 and Zelda Wind Waker are pretty much essential
    Chibi Robo (totally unique and the most charming game you'll ever play, tough to find especially in PAL format)
    Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (underrated platformer. You need the bongos so maybe better getting the wii rerelease)
    Baten Kaitos (underrated RPG. It takes a while to get into. The sequel Baten Kaitos origins only got an american release)
    Viewtiful Joe 2
    Smash Bros. Melee
    Mario Kart: Double Dash (again I think it's underrated)
    Soul Calibur 2 (best version)
    Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (fantastic strategy RPG with great storyline)
    Legend of Zelda: Four Swords (great single player, awesome multiplayer but difficult to set up)
    Skies of Arcadia (imo better than the DC version)
    Harvest Moon: Wonderful Life
    Mario Golf (seriously the mario golf games are secretly the best golf games ever)
    Geist (hmm... it's interesting but not a brilliant game. if you find it cheap it's worth a look)
    Warioware
    Battalion Wars isn't bad.
    Luigi's Mansion has held up well. It's a lot better now that it's cheap and the short length isn't an annoyance. You can enjoy it for the great game it is.

If you can try and pick up Pac Man Vs. I never played it but it's supposed to be one of the best multiplayer games around although you have to do the stupid GBA set up.

That's pretty much it excluding multiplatform releases.

Right that looks like a list to shoot for Retr0

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem: Easily the best Survival Horror out there, parts that make you jump IRL.

Harvest Moon - A Wonderful Life: Too addicting for a farming sim! 10/10

Pokemon Colosseum: Why not!

The Resident Evil Collection: Just to have them on gamecube, thier becoming rare!

Sonic Adventure DX & 2: The best 3d sonic games.

F-ZERO GX: Best racer ever imo.

Metroid Prime 1&2: yadda yadda.

Ikaruga: Ebay is your friend here

• Advertisement

Well just ordered a complete copy of Ikagura for €25 incl shipping

not bad since i saw tons of ones for €70+

looks to be in good condition aswell, but have to wait till i get it

Advertisement