Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

the worst road I ever drove...

Options
  • 06-04-2010 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭

Reenaskreena West Cork...this is a NEWLY surfaced road and it is a disaster area....potholes right across the road for about a mile...what the hell happened and why arent they doing anything about it? They must have built it in frost after flooding, never seen anything like it, not even in North Cork.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

a lot of the roads linking blanch with finglas are AWFUL. potholes and accident black spot corners everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭marious

carrigaline co. cork

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Mallow to fermoy, you dont whant to go there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Mallow to fermoy, you dont whant to go there...

More so when you meet Jonnie junior with the beet trailor on the back...that's one brutal road

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

Drove through Gort in Galway last week, im sure there was a micra in one of the craters on the main street, never saw holes like em in a town before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

EPM wrote: »
    More so when you meet Jonnie junior with the beet trailor on the back...that's one brutal road

you know it bud. Nasty road, specially that deep section in "woods".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

corktina wrote: »
    Reenaskreena West Cork...this is a NEWLY surfaced road and it is a disaster area....potholes right across the road for about a mile...what the hell happened and why arent they doing anything about it? They must have built it in frost after flooding, never seen anything like it, not even in North Cork.

Newmarket-ballydesmond is very bad too but ccc are doing a half arsed job on it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

Drove through Gort in Galway last week, im sure there was a micra in one of the craters on the main street, never saw holes like em in a town before.
    Drove through Gort yesterday, bumpy but nowhere near as bad as the roads in west cork. MAIN ROADS!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭salad dodger

+1

The road thru Gort is a bloody disgrace. I have been travelling up and down thru Gort for years and I dont remember the road being anything other than bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

+1

The road thru Gort is a bloody disgrace. I have been travelling up and down thru Gort for years and I dont remember the road being anything other than bad!

+ ten times ten.

Coming in from the ennis side was always brutal tis like beirut. Luckily last few times i have been in gort was goin or coming to galway on stags and im to drunk to notice potholes:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Erren Music

Offaly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Max Power1 wrote: »
    a lot of the roads linking blanch with finglas are AWFUL. potholes and accident black spot corners everywhere.

yep can vouch for this.....

wrote off a 2 week old astra on one there a year or so a go....
    :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 shamrock105

East Wall Rd. My poor suspension.

rebel10 wrote: »
    Drove through Gort yesterday, bumpy but nowhere near as bad as the roads in west cork. MAIN ROADS!!!!
    Going to Cork tomorrow but wont have the pleasure of seeing west cork:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I agree on Gort too. Must be waiting until the new road is done...wishful thinking I know. Another is the N24 between Tip town and Cahir. So many black spots on that road

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

Tipperary = Irish for pothole

having had the chore of travelling around a large portion of Co. Tipp since January I have to say that the roads all over the county are an effin disgrace

getting more specific, the back road to Carrick On Suir after the Fiddown turn off on the Carrick to Kilmeaden road...half the road is in Co.Waterford, half in Co.Tipp. The Tipp half is chewed up & spat out, then theres litterly a sign saying welcome to Co.Waterford & the road becomes as smooth as a babies arse, ridiculous...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

SARASON wrote: »
    + ten times ten.

Coming in from the ennis side was always brutal tis like beirut. Luckily last few times i have been in gort was goin or coming to galway on stags and im to drunk to notice potholes:p

:D:D:D

Was mentioned on the Tommy & Hector show on 2fm a few weeks back...

Hector mentioned, he saw two 'Alud Bucks' trout fishing in a pot hole, when he was passing through Gort !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Mallow to Killarney especially Barraduff section is the worst piece of road I' ve ever driven on. Roads around Ballyheigue are quite poor also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

Going to Cork tomorrow but wont have the pleasure of seeing west cork:mad:
    Oh what a pity;) Your tyres will be thanking you!

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

+1

+1

Worst main road I've driven on, especially after the 'big freeze'. I think they've done some patching up of potholes since though as it didn't seem half as bad when I drove through today. They've certainly resurfaced the dip in the road on the north side of the town that was flooded before Christmas. Badly needed though.

Living in Kerry, I know some pretty bad roads but Gort really takes the biscuit. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

you miss my point...im well used to awful roads, especailly in North Cork, but this was a newly surfaced road which was LITERALLY like a lunar landscape...10 mph was too fast...and it went on for about a mile....totally destroyed and no sign of the CO CO doing anything about it. I wish Id taken a picture...

UhOh wrote: »
    Tipperary = Irish for pothole

having had the chore of travelling around a large portion of Co. Tipp since January I have to say that the roads all over the county are an effin disgrace

getting more specific, the back road to Carrick On Suir after the Fiddown turn off on the Carrick to Kilmeaden road...half the road is in Co.Waterford, half in Co.Tipp. The Tipp half is chewed up & spat out, then theres litterly a sign saying welcome to Co.Waterford & the road becomes as smooth as a babies arse, ridiculous...[/QUOTE
    They have resurfaced alot of the main roads,(none finished), does seem like the back roads have been forgotten about in many places around the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭GTE

Gort is ridiculously bad!

Advertisement