Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding planner for Rome - recommendations pls :-)

Options
  • 06-04-2010 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

HI,
    Looking for recommendations for wedding planners for a Rome wedding this winter. A recommendation from the bride/groom would be great, they would have had all the heart ache of organising. I've seen loads of recommendations from guests of Rome weddings but not sure they'd appreciate all the work behind the scenes!

Thanks
    aisho :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭shoppergal

Hi aisho

I'm getting married in Rome next month and we didn't use a planner. For Rome there's so much information online it's quite easy to do yourself. Typically the churches that do Irish weddings can provide information on everything you need.

Not sure if you've been onto www.weddingsonline.ie but there's a big thread there called Rome Weddings under one roof which contains loads of info.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭roseym

I'm getting married in Rome next year and won't be using a planner either. Our venue pretty much has the whole package sewn up with the church, restaurant and accomodation all in the one spot, and an English guy to go through everything and make it happen for us. For people like photographer/florist/musicians he has a list of contacts that he gives you and tells you the best ones on it.
    Even if I wasn't going to that venue I don't think I would get a planner because there is so much information easily available for weddings in Rome. The website recommended by shoppergal is great and all the info you could possibly need on weddings, whether abroad or here, is available there. It's especially useful for tracking down English speaking service providers. Apparently the priests in the churches are pretty helpful too, so that's worth keeping in mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 aisho

Great, thanks girls. I'll check out that website. I came across already I think but didn't lok itno it too much .I'll go back and have abetter read.
    Out of interest roseym what hotel are you going with. They sound really helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭roseym

No probs at all, it's a place called borgo di tragliata, it's on the outskirts of Rome. Their website is www.tragliata.it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 aisho

oh I have seen that place mentioned a few times alright, the webiste looks gorgeous.
    Thanks for the tips.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 caz1301

Roseym
    we're heading to borgo for first visit in april
    did u have your wedding yet ...i cant wait to see the place ....the reviews on weddingsonline are brilliant

Advertisement