Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost encounter?

Options
  • 06-04-2010 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

So on Sunday night I was in the house on my own, I was walking down the stairs and just as I was halfway down I heard a bang in the kitchen. When I entered the kitchen one of the photo frames that was on the dresser had fallen down. (not on the ground, just face down)
    I thought nothing of it at the time, then I went back upstairs and after about 5 minutes I heard another bang, this time it was louder. I was a bit suspicious this time, but just ignored it anyway, cause I didn't wanna freak myself out.
    When I went downstairs later on in the night, there was another photo frame that had fallen, but this one fell off the dresser and onto the ground and smashed.

So then this morning I woke up at 11, and when I opened my eyes I seen an image of a girl standing right beside my bed, I was a bit confused as I have never experienced something like this before, so I closed my eyes for a second and opened them again and the 'girl' was gone. I only seen her for a split second, but I remember exactly what she looked like. She was a young child, dressed in pink and green and had bandages all around her mouth. (Which was the freaky bit)

So I was wondering what do people think? Was this just my mind playing tricks on me? Or was this a ghost/spirit?

Also the lights in my room always seem to flicker/break. The bulb literally just falls out of the shade all the time, and the light beside my bed flickers sometimes. This could easily be a problem with the electrics in my room, but I've also read that spirits tend to mess with stuff like this.

I'm actually sitting on the fence when it comes to believing in the paranormal, so I just wanted some feedback on what people think on my situation.

(Sorry for the long post)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

tbh with you the only real way to know is to get somebody with experience with this sort of thing to have a look.
    I dont know anything about this sort of thing so im just guessing here maybe a paranormal investigator or maybe even a priest.
    Im just guessing here but thats what i'd do.
    were you able to move when you saw the ghost if you werent it could just be sleep paralaisis.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭GirlOfGlass

Yeah I was completely awake, then I just turned around the opposite way in case I seen it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

dunno so if u see anything again get somebody to have a look i spose
    Actually pm one of the paranormal investigators on this forum theres a gud few of them just read through a couple of posts and you will find em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Sounds like your mind playing tricks on you. The picture frames falling down probably sent the sh*ts up you and put all sorts of ghostly ideas into your head, and you end up thinking you see one.

Dunno why the picture frames fell down, but on the lightbulb thing, have you had anybody take a look at it? If the light flickers then that could suggest that the bulb isn't in properly, which would also account for it falling down sometimes. Maybe you're just (no offense :p) not good at changing lightbulbs? :D

No cause I had forgot all about the picture frames falling down. They weren't on my mind at all. Cause I never considered them to be anything to do with a ghost until after I seen the ghost figure this morning.

Haha, It's not just that light that flickers, it's also the small light shade on my locker. And each time it starts to flicker I just screw it on tighter, but it still happens.

• Advertisement

No cause I had forgot all about the picture frames falling down. They weren't on my mind at all. Cause I never considered them to be anything to do with a ghost until after I seen the ghost figure this morning.

Okay
    Haha, It's not just that light that flickers, it's also the small light shade on my locker. And each time it starts to flicker I just screw it on tighter, but it still happens.

Bad connection then. Buy a new lamp and if the flickering still continues then maybe you've got a ghost. Actually no, then maybe it's something to do with the socket :p

Dave! wrote: »
    Bad connection then. Buy a new lamp and if the flickering still continues then maybe you've got a ghost. Actually no, then maybe it's something to do with the socket :p

You're probably right. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭spartan1

I dont think I believe in Ghosts, and I think that all of these types of things are mind playing tricks and scientific energies maybe, shudders, electricity magnetic etc etc

However, seeing as there are a million and one of ye out there who believe in it all, can someone please tell me to go somewhere or do something so ill experience something that will make me come back here and go , Holy crap, you'll never guess what happened to me last night

my OH seems to think that some of this can be true (and shes a scientist, go figure)

Im pretty sure id take my sleeping bag and go sleep in one of these haunted buildings..........but there again I might cause myself to believe some of the stuff............oh I dunno..........think im creeping myself out .........doop

spartan1 wrote: »
    I dont think I believe in Ghosts, and I think that all of these types of things are mind playing tricks and scientific energies maybe, shudders, electricity magnetic etc etc

However, seeing as there are a million and one of ye out there who believe in it all, can someone please tell me to go somewhere or do something so ill experience something that will make me come back here and go , Holy crap, you'll never guess what happened to me last night

my OH seems to think that some of this can be true (and shes a scientist, go figure)

Im pretty sure id take my sleeping bag and go sleep in one of these haunted buildings..........but there again I might cause myself to believe some of the stuff............oh I dunno..........think im creeping myself out .........doop
    Do you not think the fact that you're seeking it out and clearly hoping to have an experience might influence you in some way?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

Girl of Glass i'd be the same,sitting on the fence when it comes to believing in paranormal. I do think that people can make too much out of small things and freak themselves out but i don't think every experience can be explained away like that. There could be a connection between the photos and the little girl you seen- is there anyone in your family that would know if a child passed? Or it could be connected to the house.

I have had problems with electrical stuff in the past, i had 3 nights in a row(bar one night where i choose not to be in the place) in my old bedsit where at exactly 1am something electrical would go funny.
    The first night I was woken by my CD player spinning the discs and flashing the time 1.00 had to unplug it to stop it, but strange thing is that it doesnt tell the time when there has been a power disruption!! My tv was on int he corner of the room and wasnt effected.
    At 1am the following night, my friend was in and she was trying to take a pic of me on a new mobile phone,it wouldnt work and then the lights flickered-but the stereo from night before was fine,playing away in the corner.
    Last night i sat in darkness (not as scary as you would think,or as scary as the lights flicking) and the paint on the wall bubbled up in the shape of a Y.:eek:

So all of that can be explained individually but when its put together it has more significance (to me anyway as i experienced it!!)

Then again it could all be nothing,just your imagination. :p Your gut will let ya know either way. But dont be resigned to the fact that its nothing because some ppl on here are saying that it is,go with your own feeling on it. Everyone has their own beliefs and its good to have a logical mind BUT its not good to discount ppls experience of something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭spartan1

Dave! wrote: »
    Do you not think the fact that you're seeking it out and clearly hoping to have an experience might influence you in some way?

this is exactly what Im talking about, but I think that im strong enough not to "seek it out" as you say

but I totally agree with what your talking about, id love to just go on one of those investigation nights and stand there and be like ........... nope, sorry, not happening for me

Subconscious mind is facinating, read a book on It recently, we can do anything :)

see http://www.hauntedirishbuildings.com/

I mean cmon

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

OP, i wouldnt jump to conclusions. Still though, keep your eyes and ears open incase a) these things happen again or b) you suss out a rational explaination

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Ive never seen anything even though ive had experiences. Some would be sleep paralysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

So on Sunday night I was in the house on my own, I was walking down the stairs and just as I was halfway down I heard a bang in the kitchen. When I entered the kitchen one of the photo frames that was on the dresser had fallen down. (not on the ground, just face down)
    I thought nothing of it at the time, then I went back upstairs and after about 5 minutes I heard another bang, this time it was louder. I was a bit suspicious this time, but just ignored it anyway, cause I didn't wanna freak myself out.
    When I went downstairs later on in the night, there was another photo frame that had fallen, but this one fell off the dresser and onto the ground and smashed.
    Do you have pets? A cat could easily have knocked the frames. Or it could have been a mouse, rat, or even a stiff breeze or draught. Or they could be dodgy frames; I have a couple that refuse to stand upright.
    So then this morning I woke up at 11, and when I opened my eyes I seen an image of a girl standing right beside my bed, I was a bit confused as I have never experienced something like this before, so I closed my eyes for a second and opened them again and the 'girl' was gone. I only seen her for a split second, but I remember exactly what she looked like. She was a young child, dressed in pink and green and had bandages all around her mouth. (Which was the freaky bit)
    You were only just after waking up so you were probably still half dreaming. I'd say that the 'girl' was just your mind playing tricks on you.
    Also the lights in my room always seem to flicker/break. The bulb literally just falls out of the shade all the time, and the light beside my bed flickers sometimes. This could easily be a problem with the electrics in my room, but I've also read that spirits tend to mess with stuff like this.
    I'd get an electrician in PRONTO if I were you. You need a new light fitting if nothing else (be careful with it, my brother managed to electrocute himself with a broken light fitting; thankfully he's fine now). It'd be horrible if your house burned to the ground because you thought a ghost was flickering the lights and it turned out to be an electrical fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

kylith wrote: »
    I'd get an electrician in PRONTO if I were you. You need a new light fitting if nothing else (be careful with it, my brother managed to electrocute himself with a broken light fitting; thankfully he's fine now). It'd be horrible if your house burned to the ground because you thought a ghost was flickering the lights and it turned out to be an electrical fault.

WOW very valid point!!!! Def get it checked!!!:D

kylith wrote: »
    Do you have pets? A cat could easily have knocked the frames. Or it could have been a mouse, rat, or even a stiff breeze or draught. Or they could be dodgy frames; I have a couple that refuse to stand upright.

You were only just after waking up so you were probably still half dreaming. I'd say that the 'girl' was just your mind playing tricks on you.

Nope, I have no pets.

And yeah, I think I'll have to get someone to check out the lights.

Advertisement