Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recount - Viewing Boss Segment Data

Options
  • 06-04-2010 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

Heyho,

I use recount (like everyone) to keep an eye on my damage, to make sure I'm doing a decent job in 5 mans. I want to review the boss segment data after the instance, but can't figure out how to see this data separate to the rest of the trash. I'm sure its pretty simple - what am i doing wrong?

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

There is an option on recount to pick overall damage done or just present fight. Think you just right click icon on top part of recount to change between the two:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Always have it set to Current Fight , Overall data is for the peons :)

If you want even more data , in options, you can enable tracking for boss data and enable displaying that data. What this means in real terms is that instead of showing 'Damage Done', you can select 'Damage Taken' and see who did what damage to the actual boss without all the adds/other elements to the fight.

For a fight like Lich King, this is really handy to see whos doing what damage to boss, vile spirits, valkyrs etc

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ravydavygravy

Sweet, I'll have a look at that this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Ditch Recount and get Skada would be my reccomendation. Very similar in feel, and looks. But it actually has a proper menu system and seems more lightweight for me. But its all personal preference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

I liked Skada too but I think where Recount comes into it's own is with it's ability to upload the data (you have to do it manually) to certain sites on the internets and you can then really pick through your fights in great detail. Not sure if people actually do this much anymore though.
    I forget the site as well :p if I remember I'll post it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Anti wrote: »
    Ditch Recount and get Skada would be my reccomendation. Very similar in feel, and looks. But it actually has a proper menu system and seems more lightweight for me. But its all personal preference.

Tried Skada and MUCH preferred the interface (clicking forwards and backwards) but i just couldnt get it to display as much info as i needed. For example, after tweaking it for the first week or so we were on LK, i couldnt get it to show what spells Mage X's used to damage Add Y from a list of the top damagers to that add in the fight. Recount just seems more comprehensive.

Having said all that, if your not in need of that type of detail, Skada is definitely the better option as once its set up (takes a little bit of getting used to compared to recount), it defintely is more lightweight and does the job just as well.

Nehaxak: Worldoflogs.com and sites like that you mean? For all those sites you generally just upload your combat log.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Was there not one with its own specific addon that would auto update the information?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Its been long known that Skada number return is WAY skewed and VERY inaccurate.

It used to be on par with WOL logs but the maintenance on the programm became slack.

Recount gives the closest resemblence to WOL logs, so I'd advise against using Skada.

I noticed a 2k dps difference between the two, with skada showing my boomkin at 13k, whilst my recount at 11k during lich king first transition

Its muck

Advertisement