Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Germans will fine any old Muppet

Options
  • 06-04-2010 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

It's a good story, but hardly a credible one IMO.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

bollocks

The camera takes a picture of the whole car. Enlarge the picture in the link and you can even see the driver's face swirled out.

What does happen though is that on the fine notice that you get sent, only the driver's (LHD !) face and the number plate are visible, any passengers are blanked out automatically.

This way, if you get caught speeding with your bit on the side in the passenger seat at least your wife won't find out :D

The actual full picture with all people visible does remain on file however.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Anan1 wrote: »
    It's a good story, but hardly a credible one IMO.:)

Nope ... was brought up in Conversation in the office since I got a similar picture in the post quite recently :rolleyes:

We were talking about the section on the back since in Germany they have to identify the driver and are not allowed to identify the passenger due to privacy laws (there was a case brought to court as a Cheating spouse was caught via an Anhörungsbogen sent to his address which his wife opened)

**Edit picture is intentionally swirled out... in mine the passenger side is also not shown due to privacy laws. **

Apparently 'Animal' now has 3 points registered with the Lads in Flensburg.

Was also in the Duesseldorfer and The Local
    http://www.thelocal.de/society/20081029-15209.html

As far as I can see, the issue here is neither the puppet nor the car being RHD but the fact that the car is on foreign plates.

As far as I can see, the issue here is neither the puppet nor the car being RHD but the fact that the car is on foreign plates.

Indeed, no agreement was in place at that time so they couldn't catch the driver as such unless he was stopped at some point in Germany.

These days you will get them in the post, don't know about Ireland though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭znv6i3h7kqf9ys

Also, that doesn't look like a TT to me

Also, that doesn't look like a TT to me

Its an Audi A4 Avant, I think whoever researched it for the Star didnt know their cars very well.

The Police only supplied the Picture and a description of where it happened (Point 11.11 on the A9)

Link to the original release from the police :)

Cached

Doubting langers that ye are :)

As far as I can see that's a link not to the police but to a Google Doc of Bayreuth accident statistics with a pic of the Audi on the front page? Or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

...and they say Germans haven't got a sense of humour ...

They used that picture as cover photo for their annual traffic statistics report.

• Advertisement

As far as I can see that's a link not to the police but to a Google Doc of Bayreuth accident statistics with a pic of the Audi on the front page? Or am I missing something?

Titelfoto VPI Bayreuth:
    Am 08.08.2008, 11.11 Uhr, auf der BAB A 9 mit 155 km/h geblitzter
    „Ernie aus der Sesamstraße“.

What is it with you lads ... :) .. Jesus is it raining in Ireland today.

Anyways I thought it was funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭ocokev

They would never do any thing like that in Ireland

Remember this.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/1003/1224255782259.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭kazul

That story is old, so old :(

Advertisement