Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby's new cot,high chair.......

Options
  • 06-04-2010 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭

anybody with any ideas on what are the best makes where to find 'em and how much to pay......easy really:confused:,just trying to avoid being ripped off

baby will be moving to bigger cot in a few weeks and will also need a high chair , mammy doesn't want 2nd hand(shes fine with hand me down clothes but not this stuff,2nd hand would do me fine) and daddy isn't made of gold so any ideas would be great,

anyone interested in helping,
    thanks in advance,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

IKEA!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

kiddicare.com has very good value.
    We got the cot,travel system and high chair there.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

We got our cot from Ikea and our mattress from Kiddicare. You can get a graco or similar high chair for about fifty quid in the shops.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

We have the ultra expensive (it's an investment!) Stokke high chair, but junior was recently introduced to the €16 IKEA high chair it was very practical and useful. If money was tight, I'd buy that one in a flash (we also got a really good baby bath in Ikea recently for about €6).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

re high chair i would recommend one that sits into the kitchen table rather then has a tray. The children will be much better at eating with others and i think you have one less thing to clean.
    I love our stokke tripp trapp (v expensive, but got a pressie) but it has been a chair for both children and a handy extra dining chair in between, so i think worth it. that said the ikea ones i have seen are good too.
    Also worth thinking about no 2, if there is even a distant possibility it is better to invest now then doubling up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

+1 for the cheap Ikea high chair. We got our daughter a lovely, plush, padded, expensive Gracco high chair, she hates it with a passion (although she loved it in the shop...) and thrashes around like she's getting electro-shock therapy, where as the Ikea chair she will sit in all day. As for doubling up, they cost next to nothing - we've got one in both sets of grandparents' houses. You could have 8 or 9 kids sitting in them for the price of a Stokke. Downside is that it's a big lump of plastic, it doesn't compress down much for storage. If in doubt you can road-test them in the Ikea café!

Can't remember if we got our cot and mattress in Babys R Us or Kiddicare. A couple of things to think about are whether or not you want a cotbed, in which case you'll need a second one for #2 'cause they'll do the kid for years, or a cot and then move the baba into a kiddie bed when they're ready. Personally, I like the idea of keeping the bars up till they're about... I dunno... 17 or 18? :) Again, Ikea have a bunch of options. There's a place out in Rathcoole stocks Cosatto (sp?) stuff which is pretty easy to assemble.

Advertisement