Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

camper awnings

Options
  • 05-04-2010 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

hi just got a campervan and looking at sites to visit online ...just why do campsites charge for awnings when they are attached to your van ...seems a bit weird to me..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I *think* they mean to charge for the tent-like drive-away type awnings, not the rolly-outy* types.

* Wow ...my English is excellent tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭DVD2009

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭clionaricho

Well it does mean anything more than a rolly out type. We bought a safari room ie tent zipped on to the van but that we cant leave behine for the day and we are charged extra for that evn though it actually doesnt take up any more space than your rolly type awning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Well it does mean anything more than a rolly out type. We bought a safari room ie tent zipped on to the van but that we cant leave behine for the day and we are charged extra for that evn though it actually doesnt take up any more space than your rolly type awning.
    It can sleep extra people! That's probably why, if you didn't have it you'd probably have to put up a tent so they'd charge for that

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭clionaricho

But most campsites charge per person to sleep anyway so it just seems another way of getting money. It is up to you where the people sleep if you have already paid for the people anyway .

• Advertisement
Advertisement