Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sakura Ryu AikiJutsu.

Options
  • 05-04-2010 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭

Anyone heard of it?

Nope.....Just another Ryu then. Friend asked me did I know, thought the place to ask might be here. Heard there was a class in Dublin and Meath somewhere.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 biffo34

Martin Carslake has researched Aiki-jujutsu quite comprehensively as has his brother Joe. Joe can be contacted at 01 8403949

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭pearsquasher

hmmm.. "Sakura" is Japanese for "cherry blossom" so I very much doubt if it's an authentic Japanese "Ryu" (tradition/stream). They just aren't named after flowers :D

I could be wrong though!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭SaKuRa

Also a medical ninja :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

biffo34 wrote: »
    Martin Carslake has researched Aiki-jujutsu quite comprehensively as has his brother Joe. Joe can be contacted at 01 8403949

Thanks Biffo I'm aware of Joe. Its just a mate mentioned this new guy and I've not heard of him and his School. Funny neither has any one I've asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Guy running it used to be one of jim shortts guys apparently. make of that what you will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

I'd heard that too, although my mate doesn't need a bodyguard. he was just curious about the classes and were they any good? Did they teach Jujutsu? And if they were doing any classss elsewhere other than Dublin and Meath (I think its Meath).

The title Sakura threw him a bit. I told him Google it, and yes it can mean flower as one of the other posters mentioned. But it can also mean blossom which carries connotations of traditional Japanese Jujutsu. So..we were just curious was it traditional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lancejones

Hello everyone,
    Thank you for your interest in Sakura Aikijutsu. All this sudden attention is quite encouraging.
    My name is Lance Jones, I am in my second year with the South London Dojo in the UK. The school does have several dojos. UK, Slovenia, and at this time we do have several instructors in and around the Southern Ireland and Dublin area. Rather than write reams here and now, I am happy to discuss martial arts and talk to fellow practitioners. Have look at two of our principals warming up for our Takai in Croatia during 2010. For those of you who study either Jiu Jitsu or Ju jutsu, you will notice the 'Aiki' principles applied in the skill sets as they warm up. The croatian takai was an eight hour seminar and a lot of fun. Just a quick introduction. Let us know what you think. The more experienced amongst you will notice the style has its roots set very deply in traditional Ju Jutsu, we can discuss this another time.
    http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150260549268381

Advertisement