Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maitreya !...theres a storm a coming people

Options
  • 05-04-2010 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

well been looking up some stuff from various visionaries around the world etc, also some stuff online, and lo and behold stumble on a lot of stuff about this foney "world teacher" called "Maitreya" am becoming convinced he's going to be revelaed as the big bad AC himself in the near future, its quite amazing how much is already going on for this guy behind the scenes so to speak!

Theres even an add running on CNN! already!! about "the bringer of peace , sharing "etc , he apparantly will be linked up to all tv stations around the world on a "day of decloration" and speak to all peoples in their native tounge, and will perform false miracles of every sort.....if this guy isnt a solid candidate for AC then i dont know who is, many people seem to be aware of him all over the east etc, his spokeman is this new ager from UK who's been speaking about him for yonks,

There seems to be a real push behind the scenes in the USA too to have a one world goverment and electric/chip currency aswell and their pushing a veryy police state agenda over there under Obama's stewardship....so I donno folks...perhaps we're a lot closer to the end of days than many realize?!...what do you folks think...and dont go lobbing bricks at me am only saying what Ive stumbled on myself

pax amigos....Baggio....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Yet another in a long line of false messiahs. I remember people getting worked up 20 years ago over some guy callled Benjamin Creme who claimed to be setting up meetings for the Maitreya.

Probably better suited to the Spirituality or Conspiracy Theories fora IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Baggio1 wrote: »
    well been looking up some stuff
    What stuff?
    from various visionaries around the world etc,
    Who?
    also some stuff online
    Where?
    and lo and behold stumble on a lot of stuff
    Where?
    about this foney "world teacher" called "Maitreya"
    Who?
    am becoming convinced he's going to be revelaed as the big bad AC himself in the near future,
    Why?
    its quite amazing how much is already going on for this guy behind the scenes so to speak!
    Like what?
    Theres even an add running on CNN! already!! about "the bringer of peace , sharing "etc ,
    Where?
    he apparantly will be linked up to all tv stations around the world on a "day of decloration" and speak to all peoples in their native tounge, and will perform false miracles of every sort....
    Says who?
    his spokeman is this new ager from UK who's been speaking about him for yonks,
    Who?
    There seems to be a real push behind the scenes in the USA too to have a one world goverment and electric/chip currency aswell and their pushing a veryy police state agenda over there under Obama's stewardship....
    Like what?
    so I donno folks..
    Yeah, me neither; I haven't a clue what you're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Baggio1

PDN - Yeah creme thats the guy who's spouting off about him alright, seems to be still at it

PUCK??...ah do me a favour aint going to quote chapter verse full stop and comer to you...no point was just raising a general issue is all...you want details?? go get em yurself i aint doing it for ya hahahahaha

anyway i think its an interestiong time... for sure...

pax amigos...Baggio....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

Cool, just after I read this thread I paid my blog a visit, and every day at the bottom of my blog ( www.thebloodofthemartyrs.blogspot.com ) the computer picks a random verse from Scripture and this was the verse for today ''For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.'' (Matthew 24:5)

God speaks to us all the time through his word. :D

Pax Christi
    Stephen <3

PUCK??...ah do me a favour aint going to quote chapter verse full stop and comer to you...no point was just raising a general issue is all...you want details?? go get em yurself i aint doing it for ya hahahahaha

With your cryptic references to "stuff" and scant information about this individual, I don't think it was unreasonable of me to request that you back up your claims with a little more detail. Also, what does "comer to [me]" mean?

• Advertisement

PUCK i really dont know am a simple little country fella not a genius like you...i dont need to BACK UP anything just muzing out loud is that banned in life too now? if not..just do what you do and let me muze and chit chat its not a lifesaving measure....

relax,,,,you need to! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Soul Winner

PUCK i really dont know am a simple little country fella not a genius like you...i dont need to BACK UP anything just muzing out loud is that banned in life too now? if not..just do what you do and let me muze and chit chat its not a lifesaving measure....

relax,,,,you need to!

In fairness, unsubstantiated claims are easy to post. If something is worth making a point about in the first place then throwing in a bit of substance to back up what you're saying can make for a more interesting post, even interesting enough to warrant further investigation by your readers if they so wish. But as the OP stands it doesn't make us want turn cartwheels in joy trying to verify your claims ourselves. In any case, as somebody who is very interested in this subject I did actually check the guy out. The whole idea seems somewhat preposterous. Why should we listen to Mr. Creme in the first place? The scripture is already quite clear about the revealing of the man of sin. It cannot happen until the force which holds his revealing back is first taken out of the way. I contend that this force is the church herself, the body of Christ, the truly committed ones who are spread abroad throughout all denominations. Only when she is taken home can this man of sin be revealed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

PDN - Yeah creme thats the guy who's spouting off about him alright, seems to be still at it

I'm amazed he's still alive, he looked like an old man 20 years ago (in fact I just checked on wikipedia - he's 87).

Creme is a regular fruit cake. He announced that the Maitreya would launch his messianic career with a live TV broadcast on Monday, 21 June 1982. When that failed to happen he faded off the scene somewhat - but still claims the Maitreya is living in London (apparently a journalist named Raj Patel).

I love Creme's explanation of crop circles:
    "The crop circles are there to draw attention to the fact that the Space Brothers are there. They are amazing constructions. They are made seconds by the ‘ships’ of the Space Brothers. They are complex and beautiful constructions which cannot be made in any other way. They appear all over the world but the majority are in the south of England. Why? Because Maitreya is in London."

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

From http://www.share-international.org/background/bcreme/BC_NYTintv.htm
    As he tells it, the planet will soon hear from a figure called the World Teacher, whose personal name is Maitreya, chief among the Masters of Wisdom, themselves a handful of "perfected men" who serve as guardians of a divine plan for Earth.

Maitreya, Creme says, left his abode in the Himalaya Mountains in a "self-created" human body to travel to London on July 19, 1977, where he has since lived in the South Asian immigrant community, preparing for a "Day of Declaration," in which he will reveal himself via global television and teach the building of a new civilization for the benefit of all.

Creme said he is kept informed of Maitreya's plans largely through telepathic communication with another Master, whose name he declined to reveal.
    Totally convincing! :rolleyes:

Maitreya1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

Hilarious!

Wasnt there some snooker player/commentator who claimed to be Jesus at one stage??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

Maitreya, not to be confused with Atreyu!

image09911.jpg

relax,,,,you need to! :)

You weren't just "muzing out loud" though, were you? You came on here declaring that "a storm" was coming. It is not unreasonable to expect someone to substantiate such a bold claim.
    i dont need to BACK UP anything

No, you're quite right - you don't need to back up any of your claims - but it would be the decent, non-scaremongering, grown-up thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Soul Winner

homer911 wrote: »
    Hilarious!

Wasnt there some snooker player/commentator who claimed to be Jesus at one stage??

That was David Icke, former BBC Sports Presenter. According to Wogan below he never actually claimed to be the Son of God, rather the son of the Godhead.

Before

Getting there

EDIT: Actually this speach is sort of still in the Before range.

And after (on Wogan)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭wolfsbane

That was David Icke, former BBC Sports Presenter. According to Wogan below he never actually claimed to be the Son of God, rather the son of the Godhead.

Before

Getting there

EDIT: Actually this speach is sort of still in the Before range.

And after (on Wogan)

I watched a 2-3 hours lecture by Icke - a very able speaker. He is into the new age stuff all right, but may have a lot of valid insights on human affairs.

I don't dismiss anyone as kooks just because their religion or ideology is screwed up. I'm debating you guys, aren't I? :D

homer911....ahh yeahh but that snooker missed the pink in the corner...so thats obviously not the AC,,,ahahahah :)

puck sorry man ill whip meself a hundred stroaks just to make it up to ya i know i deserve it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭sonicthebadger*

OP are you just making this up so you can do a spot of Obama bashing cause "Hockey Mom" Palin didn't get her finger on the button?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,178 ✭✭✭✭looksee

'Maitreya, Creme says, left his abode in the Himalaya Mountains in a "self-created" human body to travel to London on July 19, 1977'

I wonder did he have a visa?

looksee...naaa master card all the way for this guy ;)

Advertisement