Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

windows works 9.0 problems activating

Options
  • 05-04-2010 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭

Hi I got a problem with word, etc

I got windows Office home & student 2007 trial, it worked fine. It being a trial I could only use it 25 times which was fair enough. But it recently ran out and now I want to activate works9.0. I click on word, it says it has expored would you like to convert? I click yes and it asks for Product key, have that type it in, confirmed and it installs, then it says install complete, please close all windows apllications and when you restart word, excell, etc you'll be prompted to activate it. This is where the problem is- When I re-open word, it just goes back to 'it's expired would you like to convert'
    It's liek it doesn't realise that Iv'e installed it. I've put in CD and opened it but that won't play either:confused:
    can anyway help m with this? It's so frustrating, I convert and yet it asks me again, and again:mad:

I'm running Vista, in case it's needed.
    thanks !!!:)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

It needs a valid license to work, product keys from other products won't work are you getting works and word mixed up ?

options

is to try the office 2010 beta for a while :p

buy a license

openoffice is free

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

nope it says on the disc
    windows work 9.0
    and microsfot office home & student 2007 trial.

Word is works, isn't it?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

T4RGET wrote: »
    Word is works, isn't it?
    No.

even though the original works word processor was very like word 2 the file extensions .wps / .doc were different and you had to download filters to move a doc between the two - real PITA

Word was never a part of works even if for a while they were preinstalling both on machines.

Microsoft have had lots of different incompatible mail clients with similar names over the years too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

No.

even though the original works word processor was very like word 2 the file extensions .wps / .doc were different and you had to download filters to move a doc between the two - real PITA

Word was never a part of works even if for a while they were preinstalling both on machines.

Microsoft have had lots of different incompatible mail clients with similar names over the years too.

oh right,:( thanks :)
    but it says, ...... home and student Trial is out of date, would you liek to convert trial to full version?
    so what's going on then, the way i read it is that, I cna with this disc and product key, get the full office package....:confused:

Advertisement