Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

photographing the college

Options
  • 05-04-2010 6:51pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭

how does one go about enquiring bout using a tripod here. i would ideally like to be able to shoot at night on the grounds, as its sorta open at the time i cant see it being to big a request?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Well, considering the amount of tourists in there all of the time, I wouldn't bother asking for permission. Just mutter something in Swahili and shrug your shoulders if asked to desist.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Baza210 wrote: »
    Well, considering the amount of tourists in there all of the time, I wouldn't bother asking for permission. Just mutter something in Swahili and shrug your shoulders if asked to desist.

needs to be done at night and needs to be done with a tripod, circa 10mins exposures

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

You will be able to come and go without being harassed up to 12pm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

needs to be done at night and needs to be done with a tripod, circa 10mins exposures

Severe jetlag?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

One needs to get permission from the communications office for photographing/filming in College. Security won't hassle tourists, but anyone with half decent/semi pro stuff are likely to get a visit from security. And seeing as each of your shots will take ten mins is likely you'll be on campus for quite a while, increasing the chance of getting spotted/reported.

http://www.tcd.ie/Communications/filming/

Seems you need to give them a weeks notice.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

just emailed there, jasus they dont ask much :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Security can be pretty tight about photography - but it's private grounds so we have to play by their rules...

I've managed to take photos after a friendly chat with security in regards to what I'm doing (it does help that I take photos for the student newspapers and can show them a valid student id). Otherwise you're safer with asking for permission. Another time I was in Front Square with my tripod (daylight) and within 3 minutes security was asking me about what permissions I had to take photos (I was hired by the SU to take photos).

The rules seem to be that big camera is okay, tripod is not (for tourists).

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Security can be pretty tight about photography - but it's private grounds so we have to play by their rules...

I've managed to take photos after a friendly chat with security in regards to what I'm doing (it does help that I take photos for the student newspapers and can show them a valid student id). Otherwise you're safer with asking for permission. Another time I was in Front Square with my tripod (daylight) and within 3 minutes security was asking me about what permissions I had to take photos (I was hired by the SU to take photos).

The rules seem to be that big camera is okay, tripod is not (for tourists).
    yeah i suspected as much. sure i dropped em an email outlining my plan. the fact i wanna do in at night prob wont help, but sure the amount of cameras about there i cant see why not

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

More light shots?

• Advertisement

Ron DMC wrote: »
    More light shots?

bingo... tho now its being pushed up a level.

got it sorted thanks all

Advertisement