Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone ever owned an Accord Euro R CL7??!

Options
  • 05-04-2010 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

As the title says, I'm fairly unframiliar with this model Honda.

Information on this car is quite sparse over here I've noticed! :(

Anyway, I remember seeing one parked up in Dundrum centre the other night and have since been unable to get this out of my head! It must be next purchase!

I currently have a 98 BMW 325 coupe which I'm hoping to sell on shortly. With the sale of the coupe, I have another 10k to add to this.. and have noticed the Euro R's are about 14K for and 04ish model.. Hmmm.. Tempting...

I love the agressive styling.. the rear lights, the recaro seats... :D
    Like a sophisticated elegant lady who's svette tight body could emcompass

If there's anyone here that has owned one, could you please share any experience you've had with this car, or if anyone in general knows anything about them?

Expensive to run?
    Pig to insure?
    Are they comfortable?
    Worth the money?
    Are they a driver's car?

Thank you for reading this guys :)

02.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

There a cracking car and after dropping dropping a good bit in price. Mine cost me circa 18k 2years' ago, you can find 03's for around 11/12k now. They got a facelift in 06 but Im only aware of 1 facelift model that was for sale recently.

I found the economy good, although their a heavy car they can certainly shift. I had mine rolling roaded as standard at it made 220bhp on the nose.

There super comfy, alcantara covered all around with recaros in the front. There's a few interior varients, try and find one with the satnav, even though it's impossible to get it to work here you can still use the touchscreen for heating, cd selection onboard diagnostics ect. Theres a few keyless entry & start varients out there that i've seen too.

If your into performance or mod's there's a heap of parts available for the k20 engine (its the same engine and gearbox as used in Jdm ep3 civic & Integra Dc5) Mugen also offer front and rear lip's and spoilers.

Insurance cost me 680ish on mine and I made sure to specify it was a Euro R.

For the price they can be picked up now there definitly worth the money. I was only looking at some in auction in japan and you'd probably be looking at 15/16k fully cleared and ready to drive away so your better off buying here.

Service parts are fine to get for them too, dearest parts are probably plugs but iridiums can be picked up cheap enough online

• Registered Users Posts: 48 colatube

Thanks a lot for your reply Eireal :)

I've the spent the day rumaging thru Japanese car exporters and YES!! They are being very expensive to bring over here. Which might explain why they are so rare.

In relation to you having your car on the rolling road, you said she was putting out about 220HP? I'm just wondering, did you have to get a remap done before this was acheivable? As I've heard they can be quite fussy about the Irish petrol they drink..

There were alot of them for sale untill recently, Due to the price of them it's not really a car that you'd find has been bought and ragged so most should be good clean examples.

That figure was as stock with no mod's at all, I was using maxol E5 at the time but no remaps or the like's. Any other's that I've seen rolling roaded have had simular figures. They seem to take great to an addition of a k&n typhoon filter too, I've seen the printouts of one's running 230+ with this alone, no remap of the ecu!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

They used be silly money, not too long ago I was looking at adds for 22k for them. You'd buy an Irish 2.4, ship it to Japan, have Mugen work on it and ship it home for that!!
    So far as I know, the Euro R has the 2 litre from the DC5 type R. Decent engine alright, nice car.
    Far nicer than the old Euro R, which was horrible looking.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 colatube

Thanks for the replies..

I agree with you Pajero, that ones does look nice, but a couple of things are putting me off!

Only last month that car was meant to be in Mayo
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1173184

And before that it was for sale in Kildare..
    And I also seen it advertised in Clare on another ad.. :confused:
    No idea what's going on with that, but I'd be a bit apprehensive!

Another thing about that I've noticed is the aftermarket stereo, As Eireal pointed out, it would be nice to have the touch screen controls and on board diagnostics!

Really wish these weren't so rare now :mad: Have a feeling it could be some time before I find a nice one available!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

that is a nice looking one, except for me if i was buying a euro r id make sure it had they honda euro r/ types s alloys on it there a quality looking alloy why someone would change them is beyond me.

Here's a nice Milano red one

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Honda/Accord/EURO-R-C/201007196985191/advert?channel=CARS

Another option is the type s model, only downside would be the tax as its a 2.4, they make simular power and come with leather ect, if you found a touchscreen version the satnav would also be in english. It's one to ponder about if yo cant find a euro R

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

eireal wrote: »
    Here's a nice Milano red one

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Honda/Accord/EURO-R-C/201007196985191/advert?channel=CARS

Another option is the type s model, only downside would be the tax as its a 2.4, they make simular power and come with leather ect, if you found a touchscreen version the satnav would also be in english. It's one to ponder about if yo cant find a euro R

Arent all the 2.4 types models uk imports? I have a irish type s and its a 2.0L petrol. I know its no big deal if there uk imports im just curious.

Advertisement