Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Meguiars Water Magnet Drying Towel

Options
  • 05-04-2010 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭

Product recommendation here, this towel is bloody brilliant!

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_199187_langId_-1_categoryId_212444#tab3

I was staring at all the drying towels in Halfords yesterday and this one was marked at €19.99 and I was a bit apprehensive about dropping that much on a cloth, but i'm glad I did. If i've learned anything, its that you'll never get a bad Meguiars product; you get what you pay for.

I've been using a standard green microfibre cloth up until now and its been taking me 15 tedious minutes to dry the car, whilst wringing it out about 20 times. I can now dry the car in five minutes flat and I only have to wring it out three times, and it doesn't smear or streak in the slightest.

Get one! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

not a bad product,i tend to use meguiars myself, another one that comes highly recommended (even over the meguiars) is this http://shop.cleancar.ie/Miracle-Dryer-Microfibre-Towel-25-x-36.html and its cheaper great site too, irish owned and brilliant products, specially if your serious about looking after your car ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

That thing looks massive! Nice site, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I have that and its a great cloth! Use it to finish off the car after using the chamois to dry it off

That thing looks massive! Nice site, cheers.

Great guys, i done an open day at spirit detailing, the guys were there showing there line and teaching us how to use the chemicals right, they stock some serious cleaning gear, lets just say i wont be buying in halfords again unless im seriously stuck, i even got to use a rotary polisher on a black bonnet to remove swirl marks, scary stuff :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Neilw

The material in them starts to go kind of hard after a few weeks. Washing them doesn't help either. I've two of them that I only use on wheels now as they started to scratch the paint.

I wouldn't recommend them.

What I would recommend is the chemical guys miracle dryer, really soft and holds far more water then the meguiars one. No scratching with this one :)

• Advertisement

just make sure if your washing them do not use fabric softener, suposedly it deteriorates the fabric :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

www.the-absorber.co.uk

This thing is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Neilw wrote: »
    The material in them starts to go kind of hard after a few weeks. Washing them doesn't help either. I've two of them that I only use on wheels now as they started to scratch the paint.

I wouldn't recommend them.

What I would recommend is the chemical guys miracle dryer, really soft and holds far more water then the meguiars one. No scratching with this one :)

I used it before and it did the same, put some light scratches on my car.

Now using this towel and couldn't recommend it enough. Never have to wring it out when drying the car and even after being washed its just as soft as when i got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

E39MSport wrote: »
    www.the-absorber.co.uk

This thing is awesome.

Sound like the name of a Monster is a 70's B movie.

Advertisement