Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best iphone car kit

Options
  • 04-04-2010 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I currently have my iphone connected with a nokia car kit but i dont have a cradle for it.
    I remember seeing a thread here and somone posted a link to a company that made cradles to suit your car. I have used the search option but cannot find the thread.

I am looking for a recommendation for a good cradle ?(iphone 3gs)

Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

I use the tom tom one. Its pretty good. Charges the iphone and as a line out if you have an auxiliary input in to your car stereo. Also has a stronger gps receiver if you use a sat nav app on your iphone.
    I dont use the blootooth function on it for handfsree as the built in speaker aint great. So you can keep it connected to the nokia car kit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭restaurants

THEFRIDGE wrote: »

Cheers
    Is there a cradle available for iPhone.?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

THEFRIDGE wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I currently have my iphone connected with a nokia car kit but i dont have a cradle for it.
    I remember seeing a thread here and somone posted a link to a company that made cradles to suit your car. I have used the search option but cannot find the thread.

Cheers

Yeah, i posted one... here. I'll get back to you with the agent here. Based in Bray IIRC. They charge approx 50 for the cradle; you can pick it up there or pay a tenner for next day courier delivery ( Great fit, nice suede-like covering to protect the iphone when sliding in/out ). Wire into permanent power supply for constant charging. This is the active holder ( charge feature integrated ) . There is a passive ( non charging )model which would be cheaper but take my advice and go for the passive. It will make charging your iphone at home a thing of the past.;)

Here is the supplier JDM products

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

There's loads of styles of iPhone cradles for not much money on EBay:

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38&_nkw=iphone+cradle

lots of mounting types from vent to suction cup to screw on mounting.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I use the Belkin Tunebase handsfree, does the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭djdunny

I have the Belkin Tunebase aswell, it's not a bad little kit for €50 quid. and it has a gooseneck bar so you can adjust the viewing angle to just the way you like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Another vote for the Belkin Tunebase - I'm quite happy with it and GPS reception is fine when it's sitting in the cradle even though it ends up being much lower in the car than a "standard" suction cup cradle would put it at.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Dermoth

Will the tune base work if the iPhone has a case on? I use the belkin vie grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

The brodit cradle is top notch excellent build quality and designed to rotate for landscape gps there are 2 types for the iPhone one has a pass through connector so if you have a cigarette charger you can plug it into the base of the cradle so it will charge the phone when you put it into the cradle, the other cheaper type is just a cradle to hold the phone with room below to connect a charger. If you have a charger get the pass thru as it saves you having to plug the phone in after you put it into the holder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Dermoth wrote: »
    Will the tune base work if the iPhone has a case on? I use the belkin vie grip.

The cradle part is height adjustable - as long as the case you have doesn't block the dock connector in any way, I'm pretty sure you should be able to fit the iPhone while in a case (though I use mine without one). This is the model I have:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-TuneBase-FM-with-Hands-Free/dp/B002UNGW7A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1270796556&sr=8-1

And here's a close up pic of the cradle part:

31vlTKxNAPL._AA300_.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Jacob81

Thanks for this info.. I have been looking for a good cradle for my Iphone 4..

Contacted the Irish Supplier by email they did not answer so found a guy in UK on ebay who actaully gave me a whole solution.. I am buying a Parrot MKi9000 & the brodit Iphone 4 cradle that's made specifically for the Parrot kit.. Total amount was €180 inc. postage, he went through everything to make sure I was ordering correct kit.. If your looking for a kit I'd recomend them. Their email is: sales@drivesafeandlegal.co.uk

Hope this helps somebody else out :)

Advertisement