Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dynacord powermax five opinions!!!!

Options
  • 04-04-2010 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

:Dhey guys im looking into buying a dynacord powermax five system and just wondering if anyone out there has used one or has one please give your opinion of it!!!also i am lookin to buy either four subs and two tops or four tops and two subs???which of these would work out best for sound??!!cheers guys all comments welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

For anyone else who, like me, had no idea what the OP was referring to, this is the PowerMax 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭PMI

Hi mate well to be honest there is nothing I dont know about them :)

Ive had every version of them over the years starting for me in 1992 and they all have good and bad points.

they are ideal for people who need a quick setup and allow anyone in the band to plug them in as they are fool proof ie: you can start from any speaker and link any way you like and it will work due to the 4 core cables :)

Your capable of running 3 tops and 3 subs off each side of the controller amp if you needed too.

The PM and XA 2600 amps that are around have different crossover points but for the P5 the PM is lower at around 120 so will give you more thump :)

The amp is rated 2.6k but on a test bench its actually 3k ;)

As with any PA of this size, you ALWAYS spec double the amount of low end to mid/hi boxes so..... 2 bins and 1 top per side will be fine :)

Always run a graphic on the rig as 250hz and 2-5khz can cause probs on the latest versions.

Remember technology has moved on too, and the P5 is not the most efficient system anymore but still can hold its own against most (for the money)

If you want to know anything else let me know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ahmaharto

thanks pmi i really appreciatte the advice!!!i have a xa 2600 power amp at the mo and i hav just bought a 16 channel dynacorrd desk and four ev eliminator bass bins and two fbt verve tops a nice enough system but for some reason i have always prefferred to hav a dynacord system!!thanks for the advice!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭bigted

PMI wrote: »
    Hi mate well to be honest there is nothing I dont know about them :)

Ive had every version of them over the years starting for me in 1992 and they all have good and bad points.

they are ideal for people who need a quick setup and allow anyone in the band to plug them in as they are fool proof ie: you can start from any speaker and link any way you like and it will work due to the 4 core cables :)

Your capable of running 3 tops and 3 subs off each side of the controller amp if you needed too.

The PM and XA 2600 amps that are around have different crossover points but for the P5 the PM is lower at around 120 so will give you more thump :)

The amp is rated 2.6k but on a test bench its actually 3k ;)

As with any PA of this size, you ALWAYS spec double the amount of low end to mid/hi boxes so..... 2 bins and 1 top per side will be fine :)

Always run a graphic on the rig as 250hz and 2-5khz can cause probs on the latest versions.

Remember technology has moved on too, and the P5 is not the most efficient system anymore but still can hold its own against most (for the money)

If you want to know anything else let me know :D

hi ,
    i have a pair of p 5 bins and pair of dynacord 12" chours evolution and drive them with dynacord pm 3 desk just linking bins to tops , have used the pm 2600 before and really liked the sound is there a digital 4 channel amp can do same job ? as i dont want to lug that beast around , just want an easy plug and play set up , what i have is fine but like the idea of controller amp thanks for any suggestions

Advertisement