Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ps3 not working

Options
  • 04-04-2010 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

my ps3 is 3 years old froze recently will no longer load games dvds can any 1 help please any help will be very appreciated thnk you
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

my ps3 is 3 years old froze recently will no longer load games dvds can any 1 help please any help will be very appreciated thnk you

Sounds like the drive is dead, look up online for a replacement drive and how to install it.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Brian_Uckfast

Exact same thing happened to me a few weeks back. My PS3 was 3 yrs old, and when playing a game, it froze, then wouldnt read any disc i put in.

Im afraid theres no good news. It looks like your motor is fooked. You need to bring it into a Smyths, pay 180 quid, and they'll give you a brand new one. Or else fix it yourself. Dont forget to back up all of your data.

Good luck dude

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Exact same thing happened to me a few weeks back. My PS3 was 3 yrs old, and when playing a game, it froze, then wouldnt read any disc i put in.

Im afraid theres no good news. It looks like your motor is fooked. You need to bring it into a Smyths, pay 180 quid, and they'll give you a brand new one. Or else fix it yourself. Dont forget to back up all of your data.

Good luck dude

Is this the €160 Sony deal where they give you a refurb with a 3 month warranty, not a brand new one?

Advertisement