Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity church-goers!

Options
  • 04-04-2010 2:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Ray Kinsella, Professor of Finance and Banking, UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School
    Being a Catholic is of huge importance to me and a huge privilege. To me, it is not a religion, it really is a relationship, with Christ.

i would say the same apply to me
    only i do not attend mass anymore
    the difference is i still love god,
    yet i do not like what his shephards are doing,
    i do not need them in my life

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Michael G

I did think the selection of "celebrities" was perhaps a little whimsical. At least two of them are very publicly repudiating the Church's teaching. No doubt that was the point that someone was trying to make.

But at least the feature was a small interruption to the recent media riot.

By the way, when will the bien-pensant commentators (a phrase that I think could be accurately translated as politically correct) draw attention to the fact that members of the Church of Ireland are embracing "Iron Age myths"? Or, more daringly, when will they say it to the African Irish with their vibrant evangelical churches? Would someone please let me know when that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

goat2 wrote: »
    Ray Kinsella, Professor of Finance and Banking, UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School
    Being a Catholic is of huge importance to me and a huge privilege. To me, it is not a religion, it really is a relationship, with Christ.

no one comes between me and god

Plowman wrote: »
    That's what Ian O'Doherty in the Indo calls the New Testament, though I would venture to guess that the phrase is too clever for him to have made up himself.

• Advertisement

goat2 wrote: »
    no one comes between me and god
    Luckily, one can't hurt God.

Advertisement