Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Open Monday?

Options
  • 03-04-2010 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows if Trinity is open on Monday. I know the library and all are closed but I was just hoping to go to one of the 24 hour computer rooms (or the study room if it's open?) and just study there.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

LG12 will probably be open.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yep.

Just to say the study space is open. I went in today at 12 and it was packed! Although there was a lot of empty seats with notes on desks. I found a quieter place to study anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Thanks, just wasn't sure if it was a complete College closure like on St Patricks day or what. Would have gone in today if I had of known!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭just-joe

People sitting on floor in 24 hour usher, even though theres loads of empty seats from peopledoing extended lunch breaks... Lousy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

just-joe wrote: »
    People sitting on floor in 24 hour usher, even though theres loads of empty seats from peopledoing extended lunch breaks... Lousy.
    Same story, different day. Such a loada shite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭nDakota

did u come in today marko? hamilton computer room has spaces

nDakota wrote: »
    did u come in today marko? hamilton computer room has spaces

yeah I'm in LG12!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Next time this happens I'm going to f*ck their stuff on the floor and take the space. It's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Next time this happens I'm going to f*ck their stuff on the floor and take the space. It's ridiculous.

It's really not fair. I've seen people leave their desks for almost two hours while people come, see no free desks and have to leave. It's crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I studied in the 24 hour computer room Saturday and yesterday. Was really quiet. Quieter than the 24 study space!

Just don't tell anyone!!

• Advertisement

Larianne wrote: »
    I studied in the 24 hour computer room Saturday and yesterday. Was really quiet. Quieter than the 24 study space!

Just don't tell anyone!!
    Did the same one day last week. Lecture on the screen, own notes on desk! poifect!:D

Mark200 wrote: »
    yeah I'm in LG12!

Where is LG12? Is it the comp room in the Lloyd? Went to that one today but it was locked when I was there.... Found my own mathsy hiding place though!

Gotta love the geeky side of college.

Where is LG12? Is it the comp room in the Lloyd? Went to that one today but it was locked when I was there.... Found my own mathsy hiding place though!

Gotta love the geeky side of college.

When you go through the downstairs doors in the Hamilton, there's a door on your left. You can swipe in through that... and LG12 is just down there on the right.

I think you need to be a CompSci/Engineering student though to be able to log onto the computers.

Ah yeah computer science land, yup been in there before for a couple of assignment late nights. Kinda cool but a bit sweaty.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Unshelved

It's really not fair. I've seen people leave their desks for almost two hours while people come, see no free desks and have to leave. It's crazy.

There is a 15 minute rule in the Library. Desks left unoccupied for more than 15 minutes can be taken over by another person.

Time to be brave and stop cribbing! Dump that stuff on the floor and take over the desk.

Unshelved wrote: »
    There is a 15 minute rule in the Library. Desks left unoccupied for more than 15 minutes can be taken over by another person.

Time to be brave and stop cribbing! Dump that stuff on the floor and take over the desk.
    I completely agree with you, but its easier said than done. Especially if people come back pissed and maybe abusive, I duno about anyone else but that would throw me off the idea of getting any work done at all.

Advertisement