Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

REALLY BAD SMELL IN MULHUDDART

Options
  • 03-04-2010 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

Hi, has anyone experienced the awfull smell going up Church Rd. in Mulhuddart. I pass up and down that road quite a bit and it amazes me that nothing has been done about it.

I've asked some of the people that live nearby and they each say different things about its source.

1. The river Tolka.

2. The Holy Well.

3. The Graveyard.

4. A burst sewer pipe.

If this was anywhere else in Dublin something would have been done about it long ago.

No one seems to be complaining about it, they just accept it.

Its never been mentioned in any of the local papers.

How can people live along that road with such a smell?
    Surely in the Summer time it would be impossible to even open your windows for some fresh air.
    Even hanging washing out on the line would be a no no if the smell where to stick to the cloths.

And it cant be that healthy either having to inhale such a stench.

Any thoughts on this.

Comments

I live just across from the well and in my opinion it's the Sewage. The Sewage cover about 20 feet from the well has this hissing noise and a horrible smell coming from it. It started just around the time Twinlite finished work on Tyrellstown. We've complained plenty of times but they just don't listen same old Fingal attitude to the problems of residents. The smell gets worse as you go towards the spar and pharmacy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

I had an idea it was the sewage.

A couple of thousand new homes and the same old 1980's pipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

I started avoiding church road after a few helmet fulls of that smell. Dear jesus it was like being dutch ovened by johnny vegas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

The council have made several attempts to fix it, lasts a while but it's back before long. I had the misfortune recently of running up that hill when the smell was quite bad, it was bloody awful, not helped by the fact that as it was uphill I was taking deeper breaths than I would have normally.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

It's absolutely vile.. I used to have to drive up that road for a while as I was working up in Blanch Corporate Park.

An uncle of mine is of the opinion that it's coming from water which is draining from the Graveyard as it is up on a hill :eek: I hope he's wrong :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

That's what I used to say xzanti, only half in jest mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

You get a rancid smell up the other end as well (Snugborough rd end) so I would be of the opinion that it is some run off going into the Tolka.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

Advertisement