Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Waiting time for Theory Test, Dublin

Options
  • 03-04-2010 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm trying to organise the Driving Theory test for my youngster as a birthday present, and but am getting nowhere with the horrible dtt site. According to it, there are no available sittings in Barrow St up to October 2011!! (which is as far ahead as the website can book appointments) Can this really be true or should I wait till they're open again after Easter and give them a ring? What s the usual wait time in Dublin?
    Thanks
    JC

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

That must be wrong. I applied for mine end August 09 and sat it the end of Sept 09.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Melia

Have you tried another testing centre?

Edit - I just had a go and had no trouble finding plenty of slots for the same centre in April and May 2010. None in June or after though...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Seems to be working now. How long do you think it'd take to get to know the stuff? Could you do it in a month? (Along with schoolwork)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Melia

Definitely - I learned it all in about two days (though that's probably not advisable). If they spend a couple of hours at it two or three times a week they'll be well able for it after a month. A lot of it is common sense.

The CD is a great help - you can do practice tests that are just like the real thing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yes, easily, especially if motivated. A lot of it is cop on. The CD is a great help as it replicates the test conditions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Thanks all! Now to go and find the blinkin' PPS number....given to me shortly after birth and filed away since then.....

Advertisement