Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dried out lens

Options
  • 03-04-2010 1:45pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I lost one of my lenses when taking them out last night and after a bit of poking around the eye and searching in vain I gave up. Got up this morning and found it dried out exactly where I was looking for it last night.

I've soaked it in a load of solution and managed to get it flexible again without breaking it and I've now left it to swim in solution for a while. I'll probably not bother putting them in today anyway, but if it is still in one piece tomorrow is it OK to use still? They are monthly disposables so I'd only just started with that one and would rather not bin it already.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

robinph wrote: »
    Got up this morning and found it dried out exactly where I was looking for it last night. y.

Where did you find it? In your eye? On your bed? The ground?

Would not recommend putting a lense that hadn't been in a solution in your eye? Not worth it. Maximum cost of monthly contact lense? €20-€30?

Probably be quite uncomfortable if you try anyway. From experience you should be careful when it comes to contact lenses and their use/misuse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 grado

better don't use same daily contact lens twice, that will increase level of the eyes affected by virus.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I was expecting the lens to have split actually, but after a lot of soakage in solution and cleaning it I risked putting it back in and it's all fine now. Previously I'd have just thrown it out no problem, just the current financial situation made me rather not throw it out so soon after only getting a couple of days use out of it.
    grado wrote: »
    better don't use same daily contact lens twice, that will increase level of the eyes affected by virus.

They are monthly ones that you take out each night which I'm on.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭MoonDancer

I've re-soaked dried lenses and used them again -quite often :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Well it's has survived OK after all and so far my eye hasn't fallen out. The lens' time is over tomorrow though and it will earn it's place in the bin.

• Advertisement
Advertisement