Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend shampoo/conditioner for coloured hair

Options
  • 03-04-2010 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

For the last few months I've been noticing that my colour is fading faster (get it done at the hair dressers). I've decided to change hair dressers recently but I'm wondering maybe it's my hair care routine.

I've been using Joico and Sunsilk (designed for coloured hair) which leaves my hair in great nick but i'm still starting to notice that my lengths are a slight shade darker than hair closer to roots (not refering to regrowth though) I've dark hair by the way.
    I use a straightner maybe once a week, twice max but I always use a heat protector. Off to the hair dresser Thurs and this time I want to ensure that the colour holds. Any tips? Products?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

I use Tigi's dumb blonde shampoo and conditioner. Leaves your hair nice and soft. I would recommend buying it on ebay as you can get a twin set of them for like £19.95 (shop around for best price and postage cost) and the bottles last for about 6 months (which works out at about the cost of the smaller bottle of shampoo in a hairdressers). The conditioner can also be used as a hair mask. I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭oide10

Thanks for that, do they have a version for darker hair though?
    What I don't like about shampoo and conditioner for darker hair is that some of them seem to leave an actual colorant in the hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭punkindrublic

I thought the tigi hair products were really average and overpriced for what they are. I love Aussie hair products. Their conditioner for colored hair is really good!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

oide10 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, do they have a version for darker hair though?
    What I don't like about shampoo and conditioner for darker hair is that some of them seem to leave an actual colorant in the hair.

You could try colour savvy. I use the seller bodybeautiful2 when buying tigi products as they're good and their price and postage is reasonable. You could have a look in their ebay shop

Advertisement