Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Updating PS3 with no internet

Options
  • 03-04-2010 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭

Hi all, does anyone know how i can update my ps3 slim without an internet connection?

I have d/l'd v3.21 and put it on a cd disc and also put it on my creative zen to transfer over to update but not working.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Sorry for the stupid question and i prob cant do this as prob do need internet, but i am with 3 wireless and very limited d/l limit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Hi all, does anyone know how i can update my ps3 slim without an internet connection?

I have d/l'd v3.21 and put it on a cd disc and also put it on my creative zen to transfer over to update but not working.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Sorry for the stupid question and i prob cant do this as prob do need internet, but i am with 3 wireless and very limited d/l limit.

You need to put it on a USB key in a folder named PS3 and put the downloaded file in a sub folder named UPDATE

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Gaeldor68

I know on the PSP there is an option to update via media storage and so if there is one on the PS3, when you click on the update symbol in settings, you just choose that option and select where the update file is located. That is what seems likely. What have you tried? There is also the fact that you need to put it in folders which I just remember after looking at the guy above me's comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Wow that helped loads guys!!!! Thanks.

I put the update v3.21 in PS3>UPDATE>..folders on a disc and its updating now on the ps3, lol thats was almost too easy lol.

Another question, can i download games from the ps network the same way, as in d/l onto my pc, copy them onto a disc and them load onto the ps3?
    Is there a folder thing i would have to do again?

I must get a usb memory stick

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

No you cant DL games that way, it's just the update.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Ah ok, thanks for the help with the update!!!!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement