Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crashed uninstall of software keeps trying to install again

Options
  • 03-04-2010 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

I was removing Roxio Creator software off my vista laptop but the uninstall crashed. Now vista repeatedly tries to reinstall the software! It looks for the CD to complete installation, which i dont have as it was preloaded on the laptop. I've tried to uninstall it again but that fails as it was partially removed the 1st time i tried. How can i uninstall it or just stop it trying to reinstall?

Comments

If you don't have the disc you could use the Windows Installer Cleanup utility to deregister it from the system. It won't uninstall it but it will at least stop it from trying to reinstall. The article mentions Office but you can use it for any appliction which uses the Windows Installer.

Advertisement