Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Paul II

Options
  • 02-04-2010 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭

anyone here remember where they were when he went to his eternal reward five years ago today? I found out on the news.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

I was attending my cousins funeral in Scotland, who had sadly commited suicide:(

I wasnt practising Catholic at the time, but I am now.

Pax Christi
    Stephen <3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

I was in Sicily on cycling holiday when Pope John Paul II passed away.

Palermo, where we were staying, went in to a weeks morning for the Pope's death.

I was fortunate to meet Pope John Paul in 2002 : so his passing felt quite personal having met him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 M6

I was at home on my computer checking the news updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

I remember only too well; myself and a friend were busy organising a birthday party in my house for me :) and I was terrified if the Pope died that my Dad, a very strict Catholic, would suggest I cancel the party! John Paul died, the party went ahead and a great night was had by all...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Soul Winner

Watched his funeral on TV and I have to say it was one of the most mesmerizing pieces of TV I've ever seen. Nearly every country was represented, and then watching the Greek orthodox pay homage to him was mind blowing. The power of the RCC is really something.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

I remember the sense of loss, that someone who had seen and influenced so much of the Cold-War had passed away.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Baggio1

was at home a saturday night i think if i remember correctly¬....heard it on the tv was gutted for sure,,,he was my all time fave, sorely missed,

watched the whole funeral part was amazing for sure.

i'd say he'll soon be canonised for sure.

pax amigos...Baggio....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

Baggio1 wrote: »
    was at home a saturday night i think if i remember correctly¬....heard it on the tv was gutted for sure,,,he was my all time fave, sorely missed,

watched the whole funeral part was amazing for sure.

i'd say he'll soon be canonised for sure.

pax amigos...Baggio....

Yes Baggio, we must pray for his canonization, I agree with you there.:D

Lord Jesus we pray for the canonization of Pope John Paul II, Amen.

Advertisement