Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2006 Ford Focus 1.6TDCi Key Fob

Options
  • 02-04-2010 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

Hi there, I have the one key for my 2006 Focus. It was put in the washing machine by someone (not me!) in my jeans pocket. I tried it and it didn't work, I cant open the car with the key (something wrong with barrell in door or something) so I have no access to the car, I did the following:
    Took it apart took out the battery and disposed of it, dried the open fob out on the radiator,got a new battery, installed, no joy.
    Washed the open fob in deionized water (found this somewhere on the net, was nervous enough about doing it), repeated the drying process, put in new battery.

Now when I press the unlock button it seems to just lock the car again (relock it?) when I press the open boot button it does the same, when I press the lock button it does nothing. No joy in any button getting it open.

Does anyone have any advice? I'd be really appreciative.

Oh, thanks in advance!

Comments

Advertisement