Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb default PPPOE password format

Options
  • 02-04-2010 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭

Hi, was wondering if any digiweb customers can tell me the information needed to put in the PPPOE fields of my router?

New laptop in house, need to add MAC address to safe list on router.
    Problem is, I stupidly changed the default admin/pass to access the router directly with an ethernet cable :o Therefore, I cant access the router, but I can use the internet fine - But not with the new laptop obviously.

I know the username for my digiweb account XXXYYY@dsl.digiweb.ie

I need to know the default password format.

This is because if I hard reset the router with a pin, the PPPOE details will vanish, and I will have no internet access for any pc in the house!

Digiweb support closed atm, and kinda urgent.

Can anyone let me know?

Thanks

GrumPy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭nilhg

No sure there is a default password for your dsl, I think mine was set in a conversation when I rang sales to order my connection i.e. I picked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Strange, I'm sure I didn't get that option. :confused: Like it was an issued one ie. same as XXXYYY in the username field.

Guess I can ring them today anyway, people in the house had to use a direct connection.

Advertisement