Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After reading "A Short History Of Almost Everything"....

Options
  • 02-04-2010 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

I recently read the mentioned book and found it brilliant, such an easy read for such complicated topics. But since that i have being questioning where a God could fit in, for the large majority of questions that arises, he has factual answers for. Does anyone know of a book that might maybe show another angle on this, from the religious or faith side. It might be a silly post, and i'm sorry if it is but its hard to get across what i'm actually looking for.

Thanks and sorry!!!!!:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭mattym

Maybe this is more suited to the religion and spirituality section. Could a mod please move it. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭hatful

Karen Armstrong is the only author who springs to mind.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

OP, it sounds like you looking for a book that reassures you there is a God in the face of science.

The guys on the Christianity forum are always talking up C.S. Lewis' "Mere Christianity" (yes the Narnia guy). Don't find his arguments very convincing myself, though. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭mattym

Cheers for that Dades. Your partly right with your post i suppose but its mainly curioisity. Dont want the thread to get all deep and meaningful;););)

Advertisement