Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My top ten gaming/computing experiences of the 1990's

Options
  • 02-04-2010 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

I put this video together after spending a while thinking about what made an impression on me in the 90's, with regards to gaming/computing. I'm certainly not expecting agreement on the choices, I'd be kidding myself otherwise. These ten things, I hope, conjour up some nostalgia for you.:)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlVlq3aJuvM
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Very good,
    my best gaming experinces of the 90's were,
    Sonic 3 (I know, I know)
    F1 '97
    Wipeout
    Mario 64
    Pilotwings 64
    Goldeneye
    Batman Returns
    Virtua Racing (both arcade and MD)
    Road Rash 2
    Castlevania SOTN

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭osprey

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Very good,
    my best gaming experinces of the 90's were,
    Sonic 3 (I know, I know)
    F1 '97
    Wipeout
    Mario 64
    Pilotwings 64
    Goldeneye
    Batman Returns
    Virtua Racing (both arcade and MD)
    Road Rash 2
    Castlevania SOTN
    Batman Returns on the SNES! It was so satisfying to grab an enemy and throw him 'up' the screen instead of across. As a beat 'em up I think it was as good as if not better than Final Fight. Wipeout was super impressive, the glow effects on the weapons were wicked.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,931 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hmm... tough one. I'm going to include only games I played between 1990 and 2000 that had an effect on me:

Megaman 2
    Super Mario World
    Time Crisis
    Half-Life
    Gunstar Heroes
    Doom
    Street Fighter 2
    Alien vs Predator (arcade)
    Final Fantasy VII
    Rocket Knight Adventures

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

Goldeneye - N64

Medal Of Honour - PS1

The Sega MegaDrive

Red Alert - PC

Commando - Arcade

Operation Wolf - Arcade (Was this the 80's)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Hmmm. I'll say:

Sonic the Hedgehog
    Road Rash II
    Half-Life [I think this includes Opposing Force and Counter-Strike and Day of Defeat]
    Civilization II
    Resident Evil 2
    Dungeon Keeper
    Cool Spot
    Carmageddon
    Commandos
    Need for Speed 3: Hot Pursuit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Super Mario World
    Street Fighter 2
    Suikoden
    Final Fantasy VII
    Terranigma
    Secret of Mana
    Illusion of time
    Zelda:Link to the past
    Zelda:Links awakening
    FF IX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭t4k30

Abe's oddessy
    Worms
    Nintendo 64
    Final fantasy VII & VIII

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Worms was great, originally written in Blitz for the amiga, then on to fame and fortune on the PS, very cool.
    Loved the random level generator and the voice samples "traitior", "I'll get you" and so on.
    Also liked the cutscenes, like the one where a worm sneezes and see's the live grenade in his "hand" before exploding

Advertisement